Iridescent shark tank size?

AnomalocarisAquatics

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2024
I would have no issue it being suitable for irredescent for a good number of years, even life,
Could it live with the redtail though?

Also, What if the MGC was actually a paroon shark? I don't know my Pangasius that well, and I could only look at that fish for about 10 seconds.

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
The footprint of your pond is not dissimilar to that of my own, and when I had my 2ft Paroon constantly on the move he looked splendid. Unfortunately,( or fortunately) he passed away before reaching 4ft because then he would have just looked way oversize for the pond , and 4ft is not his limit. If you feel in the future you could go bigger still, then yes Paroon could be good for now.
If you don’t want to be like the owner you mention with the redtail, then probably give it a miss and go for something else. I can highly recommend black shark (labeo chrysophekadion) if you want something with character which will give as good as it gets from a redtail and stays under the 3ft mark.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

AnomalocarisAquatics

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2024
If you don’t want to be like the owner you mention with the redtail, then probably give it a miss and go for something else. I can highly recommend black shark (labeo chrysophekadion) if you want something with character which will give as good as it gets from a redtail and stays under the 3ft mark.
Thanks for the advice, but does that mean I can't keep those iridescents with the redtail?

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Irridesents with a redtail will all depend on the starting size of the pengasius, they need to be substantially bigger to give them any chance of staying that way. If the rtc is “happy” not eating them, that’s fantastic, but doesn’t mean he may never try.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
As long as the IDS doesn't fit in the redtail's mouth at all, they should be safe. It's good to keep in mind that this is always part gamble.

Yes, before discussing the Pangasidae, we'd need to know the species. If you don't know, provide good photos and we should be able to tell you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store