Kiddie pool as indoor pond?

Jakob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Iceland
Do you think this set up will be a problem?

The room where the pond would go is rather small.

Room is 12' x 12'
Basement.
Windowless.
Fan in the wall that blows out humidity.
Dehumidifiers.
Concrete walls.
Concrete ceiling.

Will the humidity do damage to the house?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

hemiboo

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2005
Charleston, SC
Gosh durn that will be a super humid room. Concrete absorbs moisture. Line the walls and put dehumidifiers that puts the moisture back into the tank. It will work for a while until everything decomposes around you

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
The problem people have with this is the shock of maintenance and expensive, the pool works fine. Make sure to cover it with like green house cover to eliminate moisture and evaporation or else it'll ruin your house up stairs. Keep us posted.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sounds like it is going to be really tight in that room too.You'll barely be able to move around the perimeter of the pool.

Jakob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Iceland
I just wanted to see if tbe pool was an option. The measurements of the room I posted are just assumptions, its probably a couple feet bigger at least. I will keep this option open if I decide that the 450g Im building wont be enough.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
Although it is "technically" outdoors, my outdoor pond I built into my lower back porch literally is situated under the upper deck (roof and rain spout are below the upper deck flooring and directly above the pond built into the lower deck). It is shielded from precipitation. On the one side of the deck pond it sits within 1' of our screened in (Keep the fly's out) crab eating patio. A waterbed heater built underneath along with two unbreakable 300W aquarium heaters during the winter keeps the pond very close to 70 F. I have to put a Styrofoam cover over parts of the pond surface to minimize the steam.

I have never detected a hint of wood damage to the wood decks or patio from the pond. I believe 2010 is when I constructed it.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
So it's pretty much open on the other three sides?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store