Largest Guapote Photos Only...

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
I love the Parachromis family. I want to see pics of the biggest baddest rogue status sized guapotes in existance. This is not the place for yours that's 9" and growing fast, lol. True giants only. Pics of fully grown adult males with big lips and huge teeth makes you a winnarz! :headbang2

I'll start...

Parachromis dovii...

Reactions: justarn

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
holy $@&# is that yours! good grief, feeders probably die of fright when they see that thing! i wanna a jag, but they illegal, maybe someday i can get a dovii like yours...

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
Experiment397;4451137; said:
holy $@&# is that yours! good grief, feeders probably die of fright when they see that thing! i wanna a jag, but they illegal, maybe someday i can get a dovii like yours...
I wish that was mine. Sport fishing wild caught speciman from Lake Arenal in Costa Rica.

Here's a good one of what I consider a large aquarium kept speciman. A member of MFK to boot. Nice perspective for true size...

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
ya i only got a 125, maybe if i can build an idoor pond in a few years, ill do a guapote tank like yours.

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
balton777;4451192; said:
Sorry TF, I just HAD to blow up the pic to see those chompers better....hope you don't mind.

WOW!!
I don't mind. I hope the fine folks at some Costa Rican fishing guide sight don't mind I ripped it off from them, lol. :D Its hard to tell from just the head, but that may be the largest dovii I've ever seen. Look at that guy's thumb under the chin and then look at yours and imagine how big that dovii is in real life! Wish there were more pics.

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
Modest_Man;4451214; said:
Mel's dovii male is probably a good 1/3rd longer than the one in that photo!

Let's see it! This is a photo thread! :naughty:

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
Modest_Man;4451214; said:
Mel's dovii male is probably a good 1/3rd longer than the one in that photo!
Dovii's like Mel's is the reason I rehomed mine. :( He was a crazy psychopath at 14-15"....he would have crashed my tank at 24".

terd ferguson;4451211; said:
I don't mind. I hope the fine folks at some Costa Rican fishing guide sight don't mind I ripped it off from them, lol. :D Its hard to tell from just the head, but that may be the largest dovii I've ever seen. Look at that guy's thumb under the chin and then look at yours and imagine how big that dovii is in real life! Wish there were more pics.
Thumb? I think he could swallow his whole hand.

I have one more pic.

guapote3.jpg

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store