Largest Guapote Photos Only...

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
balton777;4452713; said:
The biggest baddest jag to ever grace MFK. (compliments of Brent Smith Photography-a.k.a. greenterra) I think he was over 16".
greenterra;4453145; said:
haha..Thanks Balton. I miss that manny. He was closer to 17" when I lost him. :(

The largest dovii I have ever laid eyes on is this guy at Underwater World in Maloolaba,QLD. A pure beast.

View attachment 529945
View attachment 529946
This jag is the one that got me into Parachromis in the first place! All time tied for first favorite managuense! This thread would surely be incomplete without him. And thanks GT for the inspiration!

And I think I remember you saying this dovii was true 20"? He looks every bit of it.

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
sickcichs;4453603; said:
Here is mine,at 18 inches he may not be the biggest but he's big enough for me!!:headbang2

How about a full on side shot of this beastie! :popcorn:

siebertn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2008
Johannesburg.South Africa
terd ferguson;4454441; said:
This jag is the one that got me into Parachromis in the first place! All time tied for first favorite managuense! This thread would surely be incomplete without him. And thanks GT for the inspiration!

And I think I remember you saying this dovii was true 20"? He looks every bit of it.
Thats why I got my Jags :D

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
NWatson;4454580; said:
Mel said it is around 22-25". It looks every bit of it.

Modest_Man said:
The problem with all these awesome dovii being shown in no one is actually measuring them. Granted, that can be a very tough thing to do in most circumstances, but without a measurement it's all assumptions.

When I first saw Mel's dovii I was positive it was at least 24" More like 26". 150% positive. But after discussing it and holding objects up to him next to the acrylic, I was 200% positive he was at least 20". Then after measuring said objects that we held up to him...it was pretty apparent that he was more along the lines of 18-20" tops.

That thread is almost six months old. So maybe he is 20"+ by now.

sickcichs said:
I will try to catch one with my arm next to the tank.
Now you're talking!

NWatson

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
Cincinnati
Why is there only 3 privately owned Monsters in this thread one of which was bought at his size??? What does this say??

sickcichs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2010
Colorado
NWatson;4456330; said:
Why is there only 3 privately owned Monsters in this thread one of which was bought at his size??? What does this say??
For me it simply says I love what I bought!!
I'm curious to know the answer to the mystery you're trying to solve though,please keep us posted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store