legal in calif Atlantic Stingray freshwater

ethnics

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
SouthEast SD
maybe cuz it states that freshwater stingrays are not legal in the state of california. i dont kno why these would be any different?

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com

koliveira

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2005
Atascadero CA
www.undertheamazon.com
Dasyatis sabina ae cool but they secrete tons of urates. They are legal here and there is no regulation on collecting them. St. John River has the only freshwater population in North America of any elasmobranches as far as I know, so get some one to collect them there,

Kory

ethnics

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
SouthEast SD
NOTE: If a species is not listed under state law, it may still be illegal to sell/buy/possess/transfer due to federal law/CITES/Lacey Act/Invasive Species Act, etc.
it doesn't even state that fw stingrays are listed as illegal on that list but i know for sure that motoros, retics, and every other fw ray is illegal in cali still. i think these atlantic rays should be legal since they are pretty much salt water rays that kinda migrate into fw rivers converting them selves sorta kinda. they may be legal, im bouta go drive up to the st. johns river wherever that is

Jesse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
It's perfectly legal in California. The California Fish and Game Code and Fish and Game Commission regulations specifically list only stingrays in the family Potamotrygonidae. Dasyatid stingrays are NOT regulated in California.

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
ethnics;767985; said:
it doesn't even state that fw stingrays are listed as illegal on that list but i know for sure that motoros, retics, and every other fw ray is illegal in cali still. i think these atlantic rays should be legal since they are pretty much salt water rays that kinda migrate into fw rivers converting them selves sorta kinda. they may be legal, im bouta go drive up to the st. johns river wherever that is

illegal quote (B ) Family Potamotrygonidae - River stingrays All species (D). unquote

Jeko

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2007
jacksonfille, fl/ washington dc
ethnics;767985; said:
st. johns river is right outside my window.. :grinno:

Jacksonville Fl area... unless there is another St. Johns river somewhere in the usa

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store