Lets See Those Crested Geckos!

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
jason longboard;5074597; said:
very cool, you should breed them and sell babies lol.
Hey! What a great idea!

jason longboard;5074601; said:
By the way have you always used the same cam for your pics ?

Yep, same one. It's a 3 year old Canon PowerShot SX100IS. It takes really good outdoor photos and ok indoor ones.

black_sun

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
New Jersey
Ooo, a Crested thread... I just recently got into them, I have 2 m/f pairs:

black_sun

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
New Jersey
The first one likes to believe he's actually threatening... lol Well, maybe a little when he's in the gator head ^_^

The other one is my favorite because he goes from that green to an army green/brown to that dark brown.

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
Bump...
I'll try to take some pictures of my Male I got early '10 tomorrow.
I've been thinking about putting the two 10 gallon tanks I have on end and getting two juvie cresteds - and hope ones a female. But I'm not sure, everyone says a 10G is absolute minimum, and I do have my male in an 18x18x24. Wouldn't want the other's to get jealous. lol

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
Photoshop? I have to ask.......how do you have a green crested? :confused: From everything I've read they lack blue pigment in their cells making that color next to impossible.

skxds8.jpg

Johnnybravo60025

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2008
IL
Vicious_Fish;5097048;5097048 said:
Photoshop? I have to ask.......how do you have a green crested? :confused: From everything I've read they lack blue pigment in their cells making that color next to impossible.
Nope, it's possible. It's more intense when they're fired up, but it's possible.

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
Bump for VFs awesome cresteds and others, and I think I have seen some greenish ones too, and the above avatar messes my head up and I dont even know why, I laugh, then stare and laugh again. Hate it lol.

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
My male, Socrates.
Not fired up in this picture, generally at night his throat/belly is really orange - flash didn't help.
Next month or September I'll probably get three juvies and hope to get some females.

socrates3.JPG

black_sun

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
New Jersey
Vicious_Fish;5097048; said:
Nope, I'll post up more photos if you like. But there's a few lines of them... they're called Jades and Green Fires (though, the Green Fires are more a lime-yellow than a true green).

There's a few others on Pangea, I forgot which members have them, but I don't think the threads are private if you want browse though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store