Levamisole

Austin1234

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2017
UT
Update, treated at 4:30 yesterday about 8 pooped out a huge long squiggly white worm. Levamisole has effected the ray though. all night it didn’t move much at all very still with front of disc up like to get more air. This morning is moving about a lot more but ammonia is starting to come up. Have an ammonia alert on the tank and it turned to alert. anyways of course bottle 2 was empty from test kit so wife is making run for new. For being ray safe it sure is sketchy. I dosed according to loach’s.com 2ppm so I know it’s not overdosed. It’s been 15 hrs can I change the water and get it out early or should I push for the 24hrs. Qt. Tank is well established and have not had any ammonia issues at all till now.

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
I would wait for twenty four hours.

Not sure why ammonia should increase, unless it killed a very high load of parasite. In which case, it really was needed.

Remember to treat again in seven days and fourteen days.

Austin1234

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2017
UT
Nitrates shot up also… did a 80% wc before treating last night. I did end up water changing a little early but it was still 17-18 hr treatment.. I’ll re treat again in a week. This is stressful! Why does it seem to affect rays so much?? My last ray that died during treatment made sense…because it was pretty bad off. This one I noticed the warning signs and checked the poop with microscope . Was hoping it would minimally effect the ray but it clearly bothered it and made it very inactive and all my parameters went off. Best thing I can say from all this is just because you qt for 3 weeks don’t mean everything is good.. I should have been more alert that the ray that died was hit and miss on food and never put it in a grow out linked to other rays
IMG_4898.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store