Lighting for a 450 gallon tank?

DN328

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Hey, You can always have the LFS try the Current, that may meet your needs if they are willing to do that for you.

If you are going with Radions, make sure they are ordering the freshwater model. I'm skeptical given the comment they made about corals and all. I may be bias, but I don't think you can go wrong with the Radion in the long run.

Ari7667

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2018
Hey, You can always have the LFS try the Current, that may meet your needs if they are willing to do that for you.

If you are going with Radions, make sure they are ordering the freshwater model. I'm skeptical given the comment they made about corals and all. I may be bias, but I don't think you can go wrong with the Radion in the long run.
We went to the aquatic warehouse in San Diego today.

We came home with the current. They also said the Radion may be an overkill. I hope they where right.

Also quick question. What are the dimensions of your tank that you showed here? Where did you get it?

We are crazy. We are thinking of replacing our 55 gallon tank with an acrylic tank like yours. We want to put our 55 gallon tank under the 450 gallon as a reservoir.

-Thank you for your help.

DN328

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
We went to the aquatic warehouse in San Diego today.

We came home with the current. They also said the Radion may be an overkill. I hope they where right.

Also quick question. What are the dimensions of your tank that you showed here? Where did you get it?

We are crazy. We are thinking of replacing our 55 gallon tank with an acrylic tank like yours. We want to put our 55 gallon tank under the 450 gallon as a reservoir.

-Thank you for your help.
Congrats on deciding on the light. Just curious did any show you the two to compar? I've not seen the Current in use.

My tank is glass. I had it made locally, so any size you want.

Ari7667

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2018
They showed us the current in action but the tank wasn't as big. They did not have any radion on display.

Ari7667

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2018
My tank is here and set up just cycling it and going to add fish. Thought you guys might like to see it. (Sorry for the glare)

IMG_0342.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store