List Your Pikes

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
1 male, 1 female C. anthurus/alta (undecided on species, leaning towards alta).
1 male, 1 female, 1 unknown C. lepidota
1 female, 1 unknown C. venezuela

The female venz is about 10" or so, the unknown is 5-6". The male lepidota is about 5-6", the female is 3-4", and the unknown is about 3". The male and female alta's are both 5-6". Pics can be found in several posts in the media lounge.

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
just traded my last pike in, the male johanna, so I'm down to none :(

Jumbie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Maryland
Ok well first let me say that this is my first post on MFK, I joined a few years a go and I had to set up another account because I could not remember my log in info lol. Almost every day I come on MFK and try to keep up with gossip on Crenicichla and I plan on posting more frequently now. I am a raging Crenicichlaholic, and I really enjoy reading the Crenicichla post, and I must say that there is some very knowledgeable Crenicichla people on this forum. So with all that said let me share with you the Crenicichla that I currently keeping.

C. Alta, C. Atabapo II, C. Minuano, C. Missioneira, C. Ntophthalmus, C. Regani, C. Wallacei

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Welcome Jumbie!!! Are your Cr. wallacii (the wallacei spelling was corrected a while back) the undescribed Colombian ones common now a days, or are they the true Guyanans? ie does the female have a dorsal ocelli or is it plain?

And do you know what river your Cr. regani are from???

Jumbie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Maryland
darth pike;3676689; said:
Welcome Jumbie!!! Are your Cr. wallacii (the wallacei spelling was corrected a while back) the undescribed Colombian ones common now a days, or are they the true Guyanans? ie does the female have a dorsal ocelli or is it plain?

And do you know what river your Cr. regani are from???
I thought it was spelled like Wallacii but when I looked it up online (so I could get the correct spelling and not make a fool of my self lol) this is what came up. The Internet is never wrong lol. I have two pairs in different tanks and one of the females has dorsal ocelli and one does not. I got them from two different sources and at two different times. I thought I was ripped off when I didn't see the marking on the dorsal fin of the female, but the seller reinsured me that they were without a doubt Wallacii. I could get you the correct info when I get home but if I think the group I have now is Regani Alenquer sp. "Rio Negro". I have it down in a book at home and I will make sure to post a correct answer later.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
I'd love to see pics of the undorsaled Cr. wallacii!!! In their scientific description, they don't have the ocelli but the Colombian ones being sold as wallacei do have one. It sounds like you might have both!!

Jumbie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Maryland
I put in request to my girlfriend for a Nikon as a possible x-mas gift, we will se how that goes lol. I will see if I could get my friend to bring his camera over sometime this week.

Funky_Fish14

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
C. johanna (2, 1 male 1 poss. female, 3rd on the way)
C. lenticulata (1, female)
C. sp. 'belly crawler' (1)

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
I now have:

15" male Tapajos II
8" female Xingu I (most recent addition...she's a bee-otch, but everyone seems to be healing from her initial reign of terror)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store