low flow on my fx6 randomly and maintenance

shern

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2023
California
Greetings all, recently i noticed that my fx5 has had extremely low amount of water flow coming out of the hose. it sounds perfectly normal and i doubt any air has gone in. this happened a couple weeks back and i assumed that maybe cleaning out the filter would help and it seemed to work up until now. the flows gone back to its low rate and i wondering if its time i change the impeller and motor since its been quite a while since i’ve last done that. problem being that i cant really find spare parts for the discontinued fluval fx5, and i dont know if fx6 parts work on my old fx5. please let me know

dmyersWv

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2022
Fluvalaquatics.com has parts for fx5. I believe the motor and impeller are the same on fx5 and fx6. Best of luck.

shern

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2023
California
Fluvalaquatics.com has parts for fx5. I believe the motor and impeller are the same on fx5 and fx6. Best of luck.
before i drop a hundred on a new impeller, motor and maintenance kit could it be a power/ wattage issue? both my fx5 and fx4 along with all my lights are connected to the same port but they’ve been going well for years.

dmyersWv

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2022
Doesn't sound like the power is the issue. Could always swap outlets to test. Not sure where your located but you could check out Craigslist and Facebook market place for a used FX to part out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store