Marineland c-360 canister filter.

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware
Got the c-360 up and running. It took a small screw driver and some olive oil. May be a hammer. Now to get it on a tank: )

jayren4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Indiana
Nice job, keep us posted. Like I mentioned before, I have 2 set up on my 125gal along with a sump and they work Great. Don't forget if you have further issues to contact Marineland...

TheAndrate

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2012
United States
Just wanted to let you all know this thread helped me set up the used Marineland C-360 that I got last week. I used a small screwdriver to get the primer button back up, then decided not to risk pushing it down again so I disconnected the hose block, opened the flow control lever, and started the siphon the old fashion way (with my mouth). Fair warning if you try it this way, be quick to shut the flow control lever as soon as you get the water siphoning. My shirt got a little wet before I got it closed. Then I just reconnected the block and let the canister fill. Jlennon, how did you apply the oil? I think that I'm going to try using a light machine oil. Thanks again to all for this thread.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I think regular olive oil should work just fine but would avoid the flavored varieties. You should only need a light coating, not enough to visibly see.

Reactions: blattalady

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
I never have to use the prime button on my c360. I fill all my canisters with water before buttoning them up. They fire right off and start pumping with little fuss.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
OP- Good luck with resolving the primer issue. I've owned two used but in great cosmetic condition C-360. Was never ever able to solve the leaking from the gasket. Silicone lubricant, cooking oil, and shifting it in a different position did not prevent leaks. There were water stain marks so it was also leaking prior. New gasket should of solved it. Maybe :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store