Meet Shaka

ger89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2013
Ireland
Great looking rhom cant believe you stuck it out that long aint even got my baby rhom (EL DIABLO lol) 5 weeks now and I love him more than the red bellies I had for 4 years lol

Sent from my E15i using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Thanks ger89. The only reason I have really been able to keep him so long is because I have had a lot of help. I bought him originally with my twin brother and we have alternated duties of taking care of him until 2 years ago when we stopped living together. I really hope to be able to keep him much longer and in a couple years when I move from an apartment to a house I hope to put him into a 180gal or bigger.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Wow!! I commend you for the love and commitment you have for this Black Rhom! You are a true Monster Fish Keeper and your dedication for this fish well being is awe inspiring. I too have the love of a solo blue diamond rhom now about 11.5-12 inches I named after the demi-god Achilles. I would like Shaka and Achilles to be good fish friends and put them together in the same tank so they can play with one another!!
View attachment 909124View attachment 909125View attachment 909126
Sarcasm? Not typical artty humor

Shaka looks great however. You can tell its had excellent care. What do you feed it?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
His diet has changed depending on how busy I have been. For a long time his diet was actually goldfish, probably the majority has been smelt. Recently I have started feeding him tilapia. My new thing is to cram pellets into the tilapia to try and improve his diet. Will see how that goes.

master.k.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Clinton Twp , MI
Classic ! Very cool parents , I know that was a stressful time . From one piranha dude to the next GOOD JOB Not many of us will keep piranha fish that long

kevbc03

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
Cleveland
Yes, the longevity for this little guy is tremendous. These are the stories us piranha enthusiasts like to hear. Great job, and he has quite a home.

Manitobamonster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2012
Manitoba, Canada
Awesome story sir and a beautiful Rhom. Like the others said said your dedication must be commended. I hope Shaka spends many more years with you ! Take care and thank you for sharing :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store