Mini-Bull Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
WTF? thats a black nose or a black tip right?

krj-1168

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2006
Eastern NC
No. Actually the "mini-bull" is an atlantic species of small coastal shark called the Finetooth(C. isodon). It is in the same genus as the Blacktip, and blacknose.

Yes, these sharks do average about 5' in length. They max at just over 6' in length. and they are found along the southeastern & gulf coasts of the U.S.

By the way - the guy sales the pups for about $2,500 each. And claims that they make good tank mates for bonnetheads & Atlantic sharpnose sharks.

While - he sales to both Public Aquariums, and to private shark keepers. In order to order any shark from him - you most first send him photos(via email) of your tank to prove that your tank is the size that you claim it is.

I just fine it very funny that he would call a Finetooth shark - a "mini-Bull". But personal I think it just an attention getter.

Justin_James

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2006
Canada, Nova Scotia
TOTAL CRAP!!! It's becaue of people like this that we shark keepers get a bad name. All it would take is for the wrong person to see this and they would have a serious problem on their hands and soon a dead shark to go wth it.

At first they said they have small blunt teeth so they won't do damage to your outher sharks, (total bull, all sharks do damage when they bite with the exception of the whale shark), and then they talked about how serious of a bite they could give you so be carefull.

krj-1168

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2006
Eastern NC
Truth is I have contacted this guy yet - to see how knowledgeable he is, or exactly what his standards are.

But I may have to do that just to see.

This guy is also the only one I've seen that sales Finetooth sharks - and he's located in SC.
And since - he don't have a phone number listed -I'll have to use email.

There's another online dealer(here in NC) that I've talked to recently about Atlantic Sharpnose(which he has). He actually tried to talk me down to the Atlantic Smoothhound(which he also has), because they are better(easier to keep) sharks for someone who's a novice at keeping swimming sharks. Even then he recommends at least a 15ft diameter pool(about 4,000 gallons for a pair of them).

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Sharks are not to be feed daily or even every other day.
Feeding and diet differ for nearly each species kept and age of the particular species.
Immobilization of a shark is death (except for horns, nurses, wobegongs, and certain dogfish).
Never stop a shark swimming or pull it backwards in the water!
Don't introduce a new shark to an overly cluttered system.
Remembers, sharks bite!

(Taken from the Sharksupply.com link)

First off, if you are going to have a web based business, spell check it.
Second, Not all sharks swim all the time. Pretty basic.
Further down on that page, they keep referencing a book to get, but never say what it is.

As one who has kept bulls, I won't even get into the term "Mini Bull".

dr_sudz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2006
Wiarton, Ontario
www.fishinabox.ca
Anyone only dealing on the web without giving a number to be reached @ is not on par and probly try to scam you. Buyers beware!

I don't like the fact that they don't give it's real name on the site, how are you to research this beast without the proper info? No one should buy with out the knowledge of what they are getting into, the seller has the responsiblity to educate the buyer especially on something like a shark!! :angryfire:

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
Zoodiver;495119; said:
First off, if you are going to have a web based business, spell check it.
100% agree. i know that personally, i would trust a site etc that can at least spell what they are selling etc. that one that can't. is prob stupid, but i almost just completely dismiss trust if they're grammar or spelling is poor.

also would just like to say, i'm glad that MFK is getting in more shark keepers, there has been a lot more activity on the site involving sharks which is good, being as they are monsters of the sea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store