Monster's DIY Monster Sized Filter socks *Stop changing out filter socks everyday

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
But isn't your BB suppose to take of breaking everything down ? And wouldn't cleaning it every few days or once a week create a loss in the BB colony ?

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
And if ya have to clean it out once a week due to being clogged does that not mean ya don't have enough filteration on the tank ? No harping on ya at all dude, I'm just asking stuff I'm curious about

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
To rob1984....I think you're confusing mechanical filtration with biological filtration.

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

MonsterPeacock

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Colorado
And if ya have to clean it out once a week due to being clogged does that not mean ya don't have enough filteration on the tank ? No harping on ya at all dude, I'm just asking stuff I'm curious about
...lol

You have a lot to learn I see...lol

I'm not worried about my BB because if you didn't notice I have a 100 gallon sump packed full of bio material plus a FX5 that is also pack full of only bio material and only stays "filters" the sump and doesn't even go into the tank it self. I'm assuming you have never used an overflow system or socks before. Do some researching you'll find it's a good way to filter a lot of water fast and effectively brother.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
To rob1984....I think you're confusing mechanical filtration with biological filtration.

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX
Very possible yes, and I'm not there to actually see how his filteration system is actually setup and running .. Like I mentioned before I'm askin questions that's the only way you'll learn when ya are unsure of something or don't know

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
I love the diy work you do. The tank is awesome! But the only problem with this method is the cost of $ spent on filter media each week...or month if you try and re-use and rinse the stuff. Have you thought about having 3 or 4 filter socks? You would need more inlets into the sump obvioulsy but the benefit to the filter sock is the ability to wash and re-use them.

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
...lol

You have a lot to learn I see...lol

I'm not worried about my BB because if you didn't notice I have a 100 gallon sump packed full of bio material plus a FX5 that is also pack full of only bio material and only stays "filters" the sump and doesn't even go into the tank it self. I'm assuming you have never used an overflow system or socks before. Do some researching you'll find it's a good way to filter a lot of water fast and effectively brother.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Like I said dude I'm not exactly firmilar with how you have everything completly setup, but ya no I'm not fimirlar with sumps/overflows or sock filteration now that I'm seeing in my head what ya mean I totally understand what ya mean... Like I said only asking cuz I'm unsure or don't know only way I'll learn right ? No harm done :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store