Morelia spilota imbricata

Peckoltia

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
G'day

I just thought I'd share some pics of a couple of my Morelia spilota imbricata aka South West Carpet Python. This is probably the least represented carpet python subspecies in private and public collections.

These are both the 'coastal' forms of imbricata as apposed to the hills form -

This first one is a captive bred male that will be 1 year old on the 20th of Jan. He is already packing on some size and growing nicely. A wonderful temprament on this guy raarely biting. These pics were actually comeing up to a shed so his colors aren'y 100%, he just shed this morning so i'll try for some uodates. He has an awesome green hue to him. An absolute beauty of a snake!

This guy is a wild caught male of approximately 2 years old. He is a nasty bugger, I can not handle him without copping a bite or two. But he is starting to tame down. A completely different look to the above animal, but he has his own attractions, very earthy in color, another snake i'd love to breed from in the not too distant future -

Enjoy,

Alex

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
Something about the morelia pythons, there just a favourite. How big are they both? Got any enclosure pics too?

Peckoltia

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
The larger male (bottom animal) is about 4' the smaller one about 3'. I havent measured them though, but should.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
They scare me.

andregurov

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
future wetlands, Louisiana
Will these, as coastal morphs, grow considerably larger than highland forms?

Beautiful snakes - it must be very rewarding to collect your own herps! Better than fishing, to be sure.

J

Peckoltia

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
Their are laws preventing the average joe from collecting their own herps. Their are only 12 licensed collectors in WA.

Deathcurl

BOO!!!
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
NYC
Very nice! I used to keep and breed mcdowelli, cheynei and couple of crosses. One of my favorite python species.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store