Most Colorful Non-aggressive Cichlids with Blk Arowana

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
Hello everyone,

Like the title states, I am currently hunting for some cichlids that can add some color and life to my tank. Currently I only have a common pleco and a black arowana in a 150G. I need some non-aggressive chiclids that are vibrant in color but won't kill/harrass my rather expensive black aro.

I am new to South American chiclids and would definitely appreciate the help. I have done a bit of research but these names are all new. If someone could please point me in the right direction - I would be grateful.

Thanks so much!

GTS

Candiru
MFK Member
May 15, 2005
Tampa,Fl
Try Petenia splendida. The bay snook. If they cannot swallow it, they wont bother it. They can grow to over 14".

nmadsen4

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2008
phoenix
peathenster;3466261; said:
The "red" bay snooks are actually pink though....but I do dig the green morph :)
Uhhh no...... they are not all pink. Depending on diet I've seen a large very deep red snook and I currently have a 6-7" snook that is an orange/red.

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
Good choices both. There are not really any 100% non-aggressive cichlids, especially at spawning time. Care of babies is something that makes them cichlids.

P-bass are a bit big for a 150g but could be another choice. First thing that came to mind for me is severums...or big discus.

HrHagel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
Denmark
I'd get a bunch of mature discus.

Just make sure they don't fit in the aro's mouth :)

Oh and discus can be a tad weaksauce.. You'll need some pretty perfect water conditions if you go for them.

Otherwise if you don't want discus, i'd go with the severums

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store