Most Colorful Non-aggressive Cichlids with Blk Arowana

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
gold severum they are great only downside is no live plants check out my photo thread if u want for pix of my gold sev

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
Addikted2Cichlids;3466562; said:
No stick with the super red severum by far the best looking one out there..
ok they are more colorful but i was just letting him know his options :screwy:

DaveB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Miami
I was going to say Uaru - I have an 8" one with my 12" black - but it's hard to top a nice severum like Peter's picture. I'd love to find a pair of those to add to my tank, actually.

I have orangeheads and s. leucosticta occupying the bottom territories of the tank with the Aro too. Only a few of them are adults, but the aro doesn't hunt the smaller ones, even though they could probably fit in his mouth. But I like the balance the tank has, with the Uaru up top and the eartheaters hanging out down lower.

Is your 150 a 6x1.5 footprint but tall? Cause that's a great tank for having an aro up top due to the extra height. (Not a fully grown black, though, of course.)

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220196

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
I would go with some type of Guianacara..... BUT I'm afraid the Aro would probably eat them at some point.

Maybe some type of Satanoperca, they get large enough that they shouldn't become a meal for your Aro.

I think a fish with a silver base and expressing spangles or black lines/bars on its body would look the best. I wouldn't want an extremely colorful fish that would take your eyes off your Aro.;) Anything that would stay near the bottom like DaveB mentioned.

Check this out!!! Not at all what I suggested but it has always been a favorite of mine. I think the lives plants really help with the overall look of this tank.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
titansfever83;3468143; said:
I would go with some type of Guianacara..... BUT I'm afraid the Aro would probably eat them at some point.

Maybe some type of Satanoperca, they get large enough that they shouldn't become a meal for your Aro.

I think a fish with a silver base and expressing spangles or black lines/bars on its body would look the best. I wouldn't want an extremely colorful fish that would take your eyes off your Aro.;) Anything that would stay near the bottom like DaveB mentioned.

Check this out!!! Not at all what I suggested but it has always been a favorite of mine. I think the lives plants really help with the overall look of this tank.

I like that setup as well. I think that some asstd. geos would go great with an aro. As far s sevs go, Im sorta partial to rotkiels myself, as I like the more natural look, though the reds are good looking as well. Think about the whole Aro feng shui thing, A Big aro on the surface, say a shoal of silver dollars or something in the middle regions of the tank, and a few nice looking geos, Oheads, altifrons, or braziliensis, on the bottom. But Keep it all SA fish, dont pollute the purity of the tank with some sorta asian Dat or funky knife or catfish.... Just my 25 cents.....

HiImSean

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2007
kennesaw, ga
if you feel like taking a risk, i'd do the discus. you have lots of options, geos, severums, uarus, angels, etc. how is the temper on the aro? if you get a severum don't get a pair b/c they could get feisty :D

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Discus for sure! Get some Pidgin Blood, unmatched color in fresh water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store