My 125 Photos FW MBuna

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
Looks good man...what kind of lights are you running...looks pretty darn bright! I always thought the clown loachs liked softer water?

Verbosity

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2008
Savannah
It's time for a new sump! I'm got some Platy's in this sump currently. They are there to make sure I've rinsed out any left behind chemicals.

The pump and pipes you see here are only part of the sump. The pump pushes almost 500 gph when the flow is fully redirected through the UV canister. Currently, the water flow from this flows into the sock. Once this is hooked to the tank, it will just flow into that compartment and not into the sock. The water from the tank will flow in the the sock. The pump is 1 of 2 CA-3000's. The second pump will be used solely to push water back to the main tank. The water level is kind of high in the sump right now. I will not keep it this high. This is just for the platy's that are test it out.

There is a water heater under the grate. The rock on top of the grate is just to hold it down. When I transfer the bio balls from the current sump, that will suffice. All the water will stay in the sump a little longer to be bio filtered twice. This way I filter more water without increasing the flow rate of my tank.

This is my flow meter for the UV light, I can alter how much flows through this.

Keep in mind, this only one pump currently on. There will be more water sprinkling when the actual tank is hooked up.

The activated carbon is just to help remove impurities from this before I hook it up. It will probably be taken out completely before the sump is moved to the tank.

My support columns are made out of PVC block. I scavenged this from work. Not sure if you can just buy it easily.

Verbosity

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2008
Savannah
And an update on my tank.
It's time for a new sump! I'm got some Platy's in this sump currently. They are there to make sure I've rinsed out any left behind chemicals.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
really beautiful tank set up and mbuna.. and loaches.. i never knew they would do well together... SEE something new all the time... lol this tank is gorgeous.... too

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store