My Amphilophus Sagittae journal

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
So Casper is a bit upset I guess hasn't eaten since the move. He had the Redeye tetras in with him and surprisingly he didn't eat any of them.
My roommate felt so bad for them he pleaded with me to move them out and I caved today and moved them to my other tank. So again he is a solo fish.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
So Casper is a bit upset I guess hasn't eaten since the move. He had the Redeye tetras in with him and surprisingly he didn't eat any of them.
My roommate felt so bad for them he pleaded with me to move them out and I caved today and moved them to my other tank. So again he is a solo fish.
He’s a big boy, he can go a couple of days without eating! Though I do hope he is back to himself sooner rather than later!

Reactions: Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
He’s a big boy, he can go a couple of days without eating! Though I do hope he is back to himself sooner rather than later!
Casper gets feed twice a day, at 9am and 6pm. I don't just toss food in. First I show him the food container and shake it a bit. If he wants to eat he will come up and wait for the food. If not hungry he won't come to the surface and I don't feed him.

Reactions: Niki_up

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Casper gets feed twice a day, at 9am and 6pm. I don't just toss food in. First I show him the food container and shake it a bit. If he wants to eat he will come up and wait for the food. If not hungry he won't come to the surface and I don't feed him.
That is an awesome technique for feeding fish. It’s kind of like training him to tell you when he’s hungry.

how long did it take him to figure it out? Have you done this all his life?

Reactions: Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
That is an awesome technique for feeding fish. It’s kind of like training him to tell you when he’s hungry.

how long did it take him to figure it out? Have you done this all his life?
This started pretty much when he became a solo fish. I use floating pellets so not that hard to get out if he don't eat. But I started watching him and picked up on when he wants to eat or not.
When he does want to eat he's like a shark waiting right at the surface and jumps at the food as I drop it in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store