My Cat Tank

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Update on my tank, new biotope scape

The piraiba looks huge. How big is it now? Cant wait until the fall when me and a friend starts building 500x250x120cm. Then i can lay my hands on one of these monster cats

GiantFishKeeper101

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2017
The piraiba looks huge. How big is it now? Cant wait until the fall when me and a friend starts building 500x250x120cm. Then i can lay my hands on one of these monster cats
25". He stop put on some length but put on some girth. That's a big big tank, what do you plan on putting inside it?

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
25". He stop put on some length but put on some girth. That's a big big tank, what do you plan on putting inside it?
Its gonna be an all cat pond. Or thats the plan but then arapaima gigas came on the list recently so i might have to order one and put in the pond to. But as said the plan is to keep it to only big cats and only south american cats. Just some classics as the rtc, tsn, nigers and some brachyplatystoma species. My friend recently bought a rtc x tsn hybrid so thats gonna end up in the pond to.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Its gonna be an all cat pond. Or thats the plan but then arapaima gigas came on the list recently so i might have to order one and put in the pond to. But as said the plan is to keep it to only big cats and only south american cats. Just some classics as the rtc, tsn, nigers and some brachyplatystoma species. My friend recently bought a rtc x tsn hybrid so thats gonna end up in the pond to.
If keeping pima in there for longer than 2 years, it's gonna get too tight and the pima will keep trying to jump out no matter what. IMHE.

Reactions: moe214

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
If keeping pima in there for longer than 2 years, it's gonna get too tight and the pima will keep trying to jump out no matter what. IMHE.
Well then we have to build even a even wider pond ;) we have room to build 500x350 in footprint without it getting to tight in our storagerooms we are renting for our tanks :)

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Sorry OP. Tobias, if by any chance you wished to continue this, we must not do it in this thread.

Well then we have to build even a even wider pond ;) we have room to build 500x350 in footprint without it getting to tight in our storagerooms we are renting for our tanks :)
IMHO, you will need to find a smaller-growing Arapaima species, if this is even possible. The usual species we get in the trade Arapaima arapaima grow too big too fast. At 2 years they will hit 5'-6'. At 5 years 6'-8'. At 10 years 8'+. That's a 2.5 meter fish that loves and needs to swim. I predict even at 5' = 1.5 meter it will not be happy in a 5 meter x 3.5 meter. My tank is 13'x13' = 4 meter x 4 meter and my 5' = 1.5 meter pimas didn't want to stay in that puddle and the one survivor still doesn't. More here: https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/smaller-pima-in-4500-gal-16-18.679297/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store