My new youtube channel

GiantFishKeeper101

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2017
New videos, new species

1 of the most beautiful species of Poropuntius (Wartnose Barb). These are just juveniles, adult fish have darker black line & reddish fins with dark line on the caudal margin.

Copper color Wartnose Barb, with greenish gill plates. Shiny fish.

GiantFishKeeper101

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2017
New videos, new species

The true hexagonolepis endemic to India. Hexagonolepis species recently diverged with the SEA species that was later placed in the species of their own.

An unknown species hence the "cf.". Through plenty of resources, longipinnis are the most plausible species for this neomahseer.

Reactions: Backfromthedead

GiantFishKeeper101

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2017
New videos, new species. Detailed description provided in the video's description.

The common tinfoil that everyone loves.

Vibrant colored tinfoil with shiny scales under the sunlight.

GiantFishKeeper101

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2017
New videos, new species. Detailed description provided in the video's description.

1 of the best asian algae eaters.

Rarely exported species of goonch that are undescribed from Salween.

fishdance

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
Thanks for taking the time to video and post. Some of the larger concrete tanks are interesting too.

These videos have made me purchase an Asian Barb identification book. Didn't realise this hole in my library until now.

Please do keep posting

• Love
Reactions: GiantFishKeeper101

GiantFishKeeper101

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2017
Thanks for taking the time to video and post. Some of the larger concrete tanks are interesting too.

These videos have made me purchase an Asian Barb identification book. Didn't realise this hole in my library until now.

Please do keep posting
Thank you for your support. Always a pleasure to have new member in the barb/carp community. There are 2nd edition of thai fish species book will be out perhaps early this year. That has a lot of barb species in it. Sadly it's in thai language but it can be a reference book.

FB_IMG_1674550509486.jpg
This photo are from the author, i haven't had the 1st edition but as soon as the 2nd edition is out, i surely will be getting me a book. 2nd edition had extra new species including my fish (if I'm not mistaken), Osteochilus schlegelii that the author bought from me.

fishdance

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
Looks like a great recommendation. I wasn't able to find the first edition online.
Could you let me know when the second edition book becomes available.

Reactions: GiantFishKeeper101

GiantFishKeeper101

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2017
New videos, new species

This beautiful mudfish (Labeo) species from Salween River, it has bright red eyes with blueish to greenish hue body color.

Hybrid barb that have genetic color mutation that makes it 1 of the rares.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store