My worst day in fish keeping

hailmike

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
wow man, i'm the most sorry but like everyone else said.. what happened?

LowCel

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
Wow, I can see why it is your worst day ever (in fish keeping). I hope it was an equipment failure and not something that could have been easily prevented. If it was something that could have been prevented then I hope you learned from it. We all lose fish from time to time, it doesn't make it any easier though.

SusieQ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2007
Killingworth Ct. USA
Peter... OMG what happened... So sorry for your loss:(:(.. You take such wonderful care of your fish... It indeed is a very sad day.. but put that smile back on your face and get back to taking care of your other wonderful fish. Sue:D

jgentry

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Gallatin, TN
OOOOhhh no Peter!!! So many pretty orangeheads :(.

I know exactly how you are feeling man. About 8 years ago I made a mistake and it was all my fault and I lost every fish in my 90g. Back then that was my largest tank and I had several favorites in it and one fish that I still miss and have never been able to replace. I left that tank setting there empty for 6 weeks and swear I damn near cried eveytime I looked at it. I was so upset I put saltwater in it after that for a couple years:screwy:. I just couldn't bring myself keep SA cichlids for over a year after that happened.

Mistakes happen Peter. I'm sure you feel terrible and like puking at the moment, but all you can do is live and learn. Give it sometime before you start thinking about replacing them. I still feel sick when I think about that tank 8 years ago. We try to give our fish excellent care and when we make a mistake it really does hurt.

Very sorry Peter.

peathenster

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Georgia, US
Thanks guys....

Set up a trade...rounded up the fishies in preparation but got canceled on..they were fine in the tank until the HOB failed...no surface current = low O2 I guess. Not sure when it happened (didn't have time to look yesterday morning)....came home in the evening and ...

Lost 11 OH and I'm down to 1. I feel very guilty and terribly sorry for them. They were loved...RIP.

ProblEmZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2006
Lynnwood, Washington what!
Sorry for your loss.

zerojquan85

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2008
So-California, US
awww man... so sad to see that... sorry for your lost..

xEchOx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2006
ND
That sucks bro. I remember last year I had picked up a bunch of new loaches... I had a quarantine tank all ready for them, with HOB from one of my main tanks, and I bought an aerator for that tank just for quarantine purposes. Had them acclimated for an hour or so, aerator running put them in..... but forgot dechlorinator....... They ALL died. Six 3" C loaches...... ugghhh I still get sick just thinking about it....

Shake it off dude. We're all human, and we all make mistakes from time to time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store