New animals

Kioka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2007
Edmonton, AB
A friend of mine is moving to America, and he decided to give me his skink collection since no one wanted most of them, but me. However everyone wanted Twitch though. ;)

None of these pictures are mine, but rather the original owner's pictures. Hope you enjoy them!

Gojira the Schneider's Skink (Novoeumeces schneideri)

This little girl is probably the MOST handable out of all the skinks I have. She's like a Leopard Gecko... actually I am thinking of getting a few Pakistani or North African geckos and housing them with her in a biotope.

Twitch the Gold Skink (Mabuya multifasciata)

She is my favourite reptile BY far. I known her for about less than a year. She is NOT handable at all and is completely aggressive; she will bite if someone stick their hand in the cage. She had made varanids, dogs, cats and other predatory animals run away just by STARING at them. In fact, her nuttiness even affect the other animals in the house. I noticed ever since I got her, some of my other animals became skittish for some reason. Either way, she is ALWAYS out and constantly troll people along the glass. Apparently the older she get, the nastier she become. She is already at least 7 years old; the original owner got her 6 years ago as an adult.

Spasm the Gold Skink (Mabuya multifasciata)

Spasm is a male Gold Skink, however he is dramatically different than Twitch. It's not because of sexual dimorphism either. The Mabuya multifasciata is recorded to have a large natural range, however if one look at the ones from different regions, one would be inclined to think the taxonomy should been divided into several different species.

Blueberry the Blue-tongued Skink (Tiliqua sp. 'Northern x Irian Jaya')

Boobs or Bloobs the bluey lizard. He is usually pretty chilled out; can't really say much though... your typical blue-tongued skink with a weird craving for human necks.

Sauria the Fire Skink (Riopa ferendi)

Fire Skink... ever since I got her... I NEVER see her. However I know she have been eating out of her bowl. In the wild, Fire Skink live about anywhere between 6" to 2-3 feet under the ground. I think this is why they are so colourful, since there is virtually no predation under the ground.

Kioka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2007
Edmonton, AB
So far... I got... officially 4 different species of skinks, and 1 cross-species hybrid of skink. Two of the one species could be very well be two different species.

Total number of skinks? 6. Used to have another Crocodile Skink, which could had bumped it to up to 7, but she died of liver failure. :( The male Crocodile Skink's doing fine though.

arowana man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
that fire skink is awsome:headbang2

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
Wow,ok punk now you got me jelouse.Dangit,I wish we had good herp shops here.Great skinks you got.Dangit!

Kioka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I don't means to sound modest... but I wouldn't be able to find them cheap around here; so I am in the same boat as you Jason. :p

It just a 6-years collection worth of skinks and geckos (which he found home for because everyone want them) from a guy.

alcohologist

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2007
singapore
i love your male gold skink, m. multifasciata, i use to have one just like that. they're fairly common around here. he was amazingly docile.

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
Amazing colection:popcorn:I had a Mabuya many years ago. What a great litle lizard!

Ophiuchus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2006
AL
www.ShiningSnakes.com
Very cool animals. Besides BTSs, skinks seem to pretty underrated...at least over here in the U.S. But as you can see, many, like the Schnieder's skink, can be very tractable.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store