New animals

Kioka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2007
Edmonton, AB
While BTS seem to be owned by a lot of people, they always seem to be among the last to be sold. Skinks as a whole are underrated in comparsion to the agamids, gekkonids, igaunids and varanids. They are definitely one of my favourite families of reptiles...

Kioka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Found all the way from Nepal down to Papua New Guenia. There's some possibilities they might be extended down to northern Australia. However the species itself could very well have numerous specimen that are worthy of their own species status that have not been identified yet. There is at least a few dozens different forms of the Mabuya multifasciata. However skink genera themselves are poorly researched, although most Mabuya are sexable via the head using the same technique of looking how narrow the heads are and the angle they slant at. Only a few people I know can do this; most have to breed them to find out.

I reject some of the new classifications of the Mabuya since they are based on geographical distribution, not genetic.

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
petcos got the schnieders for 20 right now.I hear mixed talk about the hardiness of the fires,I love those guys but want to stick with the hardy guys right now.Im gonna stick with the bts for now and i think Im going for breeding some type of live bearing snakes.So are the fires god captives?Im asuming all these guys need uvb.

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
jason longboard;1706172; said:
petcos got the schnieders for 20 right now.I hear mixed talk about the hardiness of the fires,I love those guys but want to stick with the hardy guys right now.Im gonna stick with the bts for now and i think Im going for breeding some type of live bearing snakes.So are the fires god captives?Im asuming all these guys need uvb.
Geez,I meant good captives not god captives,lol.Dont want start all that bs again and get tattled on.:ROFL:So anyways,same questions as above,lol.

Kioka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I don't use UV for any of them...

Skink infants have a tendency to dehydrate easily though.

Death Pony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Very cool skinks! I especially like the Schneiders and the fire skink.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store