New Uaru (Nuaru!)

DaveB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Miami
Cool. I post a link on another site and resurrect an old thread!

I went looking for more pics, found some I took exactly a year ago and noticed how some fish have grown a lot, so I went and took a bunch more.

It's impossible to get a good shot without the flash (they all thought I was going to feed them) and the flash washes out all the nice reds that the lights bring out. I wish my flash bulb was 9325k. Anyway, here are a few mediocre pics. To cope with the color issue I finally just took a long video of the whole tank. It's boring, but at least it shows how they really look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEako2N6eaI

DSCN2163.JPG

DSCN2164.JPG

DSCN2166.JPG

DSCN2168.JPG

DSCN2171.JPG

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Cute! Interesting looking patterns, are they just "normal" amphiacanthoides.

Knowdafish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Philippines
Uarus are so cool and have lots of personality too!

DaveB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Miami
They are supposedly the rare orange ones. If they turn out to be normal I'm OK with that too, as I got a good deal. All 6 stick together and are best friends and man are they pigs.

The other bags? Heh... impulse buy of something I wasn't entirely ready for... three little rays. (I reconsidered and put the Uaru in with some L. Curviceps after this photo.)

I also picked up three Satanopercas that were advertised as Red Lips, but in fact appear to be regular leucosticta except for a very distinct pink on the fins. Very weird, but very cool. It's like a leucosticta mated with an Altifrons.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store