NGT Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
M|L said:
it seems that the price of NGT's have fallen dramatically just as the widebars did.

although at the same size, a NGT would be slightly more expensive, maybe $20-$30 difference.
Yes, but the stated trade was a 5.5" NGT for a couple of "small" widebars. IMO, "small" means 3" or so.

linksys

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2006
SoCal
icthyophile said:
You're kidding, right? A small 3" widebar will be around $75 through a community sponsor, while a 5.5" NGT will be $150 minimum from a community sponsor, if you can find one. Seems like a fair trade to me. :)

Hey Jesse.....my thoughts exactly.

Honestly, this particular fish was almost sold for $200 a couple of weeks ago. Price on widebars on the other hand have dropped a ton as a result of the recent flooding of the market (I bought a couple at $44 each a little over a month ago). Really, when was the last time they were so readily available....at such a low price? In reality, everyone who has wanted them.....well....now has several.

Ngts on the other hand, have always been more rare. And I venture to say that the recent outbreaks of the "diease" has deterred some sellers from bringing them in?
In any case, I feel Ngts are monetarily "worth" more than widebars of the same size.....and much more at larger sizes.

Anyhow, R1 offered me 2 of his small widebars for my 4" Ngt and I politely turned him down. It is obvious I have to clearly state what I am looking to accept....so here it is. I want three small widebars for my 4" Ngt......and I want 4 small widebars for my 5.5" Ngt.

I know everyone has an opinion.....and thats fine. But I don't really have time to elaborate/refute all the responses/posts. Hopefully, I've made my points clearly....and whoever has further questions or is interested in a trade can contact me.

Thanks

BMWaznboy

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2005
Irvine/Cerritos
hey linksys. did i buy that 100 gallon acrylic from u?
anyways. i would be willing to do that trade. 3 small widebars? 3 inches? condition wise? meaning...need to be in pristine conditions with full necklace Y bar that kind of thing? let me know. -gabe

Pangong_ilong

I want one too !
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
Fresh Meadow, NY
FISH ROOM PLUS said:
I had a bunch of wide bars here, they came in terrible condition, unsellable. I am in no rush to bring in any wide bars at this time. The "desperate wholesalers" are driving the prices down on them, So I will bide my time. Befor selling fish, I was a strong customer of George, spent plenty of $ at his old place
Alex, how's the wide bar doing?

Jesse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
John, sorry to derail your thread some more, but I thought I'd show how NGTs can color up once they settle in. Here's my little (4") NGT, doing an impersonation of Narcissus staring at his reflection. :p

Oh yeah, to answer the earlier question, NGT is an abbreviation for New Guinea tiger, aka New Guinea datnoid. The scientific name is Datnioides campbelli.

BTW, I've bought several fish from John before and he's a good guy! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store