% of killers to peaceful (or tolerable) jardini

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
I have a poor man's arowana (jardini) on my community tank, it chases my ID shark around but nothing serious (sometimes I hit him with a stick so he knows he's being bad). He is living with rays, blackghost knife and synodontis, tinfoils which are about 4-8 inches. Jardini is about 18inches and when I bought him he is on isolated tank as he keeps killing his tank mates. I think a bigger tank helps to calm his killer instinct. I'm hunting for different variant jardini (color morphs) if I get some. For now he is behaving well in the community tank.

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
I Had one that was 24inches long he was really nice one it was a yellow faze one and after he reached that size he started to go after anything that swam past him even a 30 1nch black and a 18 inch red tail Guarami,so he had to go. It took me about seven years to get him that big,so I do not think I would do it again only to get the same results.He was in a 420 gallon tank and he still lived up to his reputation as one nasty fish.So I would say to all the people its hit or miss,its really a matter of time

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
My 24" jar killed a pair of really nice peacock bass, he's been by himself (and a pleco) for a few years, but I would like to test some large bichers in with him to keep him company. Btw I sent you a PM buffalo...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Sorry man for some reason my PM box doesn't work on my app and my laptop is busted right now :/ if its no big deal you can just talk to me about it on here

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
He only does that if you've got a treat or a squeaky toy ;)
I have heard of people segregating there jars when they attack tankmates , a bit like fish jail for the day :D

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
He only does that if you've got a treat or a squeaky toy ;)
I have heard of people segregating there jars when they attack tankmates , a bit like fish jail for the day :D
actually i did that - put him on isolation - small dirty neglected tank - then senses came to me that a paid a good money for him and cant just put him in a bad environment to die . when he returned to the community tank, he seem to be reformed (like he came from a drug rehab facility). still behaving though.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I think it basically takes its territory away all the other fish in the tank get new pecking order re-established , the aro is then entering another fishes territory (tank) few people have told me it works though especially with jardini I've just never had another big tank spare to try it out :D

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Yea I wanted to see if you had any interest in a tiny ornate bicher, I'm looking for a med-lg endli or seeing if your dat is still available

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Already sold the larger datnoid sorry man, my growout currently is full or I would take the baby ornate, only endlis I have are babies still lol like 3-4 inch

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store