Datnoid Island
Edit.

Last edited:

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Interesting video.I wasn't aware that Denzel Washington went around engaging in such discussions... actually,I did see some video clip with him on Instagram but I did not bother checking it out.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
So I'm fuming
Some of you are aware of this. My kid doesn't get homework starting this yr.
The district board made this change for grades 1 through 4. All yr long the wife and I have been asaigning our own homework.

My wife found out the real reason. Aparently the powers that be felt it was unfair that students from families that lacked parental involvement we're failing because they were not submitting the work or doing so incorrectly. Now how the F is this fair to my kid who is ready and able to do so such work. Soo pissed man. I keep saying it but I thought I was leaving this craziness behind on NYC.

Even worse there's another school district that is taking ESL to a whole other level. Thank God this isn't in ours.

Half the of the day the classes will be on total Spanish and the other half will be english

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
So I'm fuming
The district board made this change for grades 1 through 4. All yr long the wife and I have been asaigning our own homework.

My wife found out the real reason. Aparently the powers that be felt it was unfair that students from families that lacked parental involvement we're failing because they were not submitting the work or doing so incorrectly. Now how the F is this fair to my kid who is ready and able to do so such work. Soo pissed man. I keep saying it but I thought I was leaving this craziness behind on NYC.

Even worse there's another school district that is taking ESL to a whole other level. Thank God this isn't in ours.

Half the of the day the classes will be on total Spanish and the other half will be english
Just wait until they start with the gey subject matter in the classes....your head is gonna do this!
tumblr_ohrpkwDEDD1qg7mgao1_500.gif

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
The no homework thing is really bad. Im not sure I even understand that concept.

I do like the idea of mandating the learning of a second language, particularly Spanish. At a young age it is much easier to learn. Half the day in complete Spanish sounds a little much but I like where the idea comes from.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Interesting video.I wasn't aware that Denzel Washington went around engaging in such discussions... actually,I did see some video clip with him on Instagram but I did not bother checking it out.
In didn't either he has some very insightful speeches

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
So I'm fuming

Welcome to the L agenda. Lets don't help the weaker students rise to a higher level. Nah that would help capitalism etc or anything economically stimulating.

No instead we'll take people that are doing well and hold them back.

With your views your in enemy territory my friend.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
The no homework thing is really bad. Im not sure I even understand that concept.

I do like the idea of mandating the learning of a second language, particularly Spanish. At a young age it is much easier to learn. Half the day in complete Spanish sounds a little much but I like where the idea comes from.
What happened to just having a Spanish class?

Reactions: jaws7777

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I took a weird personality test that told me what blood type I have and it worked.
http://learn.howstuffworks.com/quiz...e352b&sg_uid=fd7f072724174b238a874365981e352b
So I'm fuming

Our schools are the opposite, they give my daughter homework all the time. Which most involves a parent. I saw it more as homework for the parent.

Reactions: jaws7777
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store