Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
Keep the policital posts off MFK please. Site owner doesn’t want it on the page at all, including lounge areas.[/QUOTE}

Been waiting for this and understood.

Reactions: JK47

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Not suprising really. If you ever get a chance to visit a commercial fish market you should check it out, I went to the Hong Kong one and it blew my mind how much fish was there for sale, then someone told me it's open everyday. If you are pulling that much fish from the sea 7 days a week it has to run out eventually. Apparently the Tokyo and New York ones are even bigger so the scale of it globally on a daily basis is crazy. Even if we stopped commercial,fishing tomorrow I guess it would take a century to recover at least.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Not suprising really. If you ever get a chance to visit a commercial fish market you should check it out, I went to the Hong Kong one and it blew my mind how much fish was there for sale, then someone told me it's open everyday. If you are pulling that much fish from the sea 7 days a week it has to run out eventually. Apparently the Tokyo and New York ones are even bigger so the scale of it globally on a daily basis is crazy. Even if we stopped commercial,fishing tomorrow I guess it would take a century to recover at least.
I first read about this and some rather scary predictions regarding of oceans fish population a few years ago.I read that China travels as far as Africa in order to catch a decent amount of fish.
The photos I have seen of fish markets around the world are kind of depressing when you consider that a good portion of the fish may not even be eaten.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Wife was talking about this last night. How did they even end up in there ?
It seems that the cave is something of a tourist attraction and their coach brought them there for a look see.I've no clue why they went so far in but I know I wouldn't have left the vicinity of the cave entrance.

Reactions: jaws7777
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store