Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I’m trying very hard not to show support or distain for any particular political candidate.
I'll be glad when this whole thing is over so I can go back to enjoying youtube videos without having to sit through the political ads first.I'm tired of em!

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I'll be glad when this whole thing is over so I can go back to enjoying youtube videos without having to sit through the political ads first.I'm tired of em!
I am not even in america and i am sick of hearing about it everyday. Every news break I hear something, as someone who spends a lot of time driving for work it can be irritating. I can only imagine how much worse it iis in the U.S ,One news station had the VP debate live, i listened for a while since i was on a 4 hour drive, both of them impressed me more than the main candidates from each side (not too much of a political thing to say I hope??) I got bored after a while and blasted the Beastie Boys and Johnny Cash, my 2 favourite atists to listen to while i am on long drives.
The sad truth is no matter who wins we will be hearing about it for a long time afterwards, possibly for years.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Oh, it will get worse before it gets better.
I’ve put a lot of wear on that “skip” button myself.

I spend a lot of time with the noise-canceling earphones in, while I am grinding and sawing, so I get hours of this every day, just trying to hear the news.

Skip, skip, skip….

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Do any of you guys use Linkedin? I am not on social media at all but for years everyone has said to me since i work in sales i should be on it as you can reach more customers, promote your brand and yourself and recruiters can find you if there are new job opportunities.
1 month ago i signed up and have concluded its pretty crap. Just a variation of social media for business. My company has such strict policies on what i can post all i can really do is repost the marketing stuff that has already been put up there, my feed is either "inspirational" quotes from HR companies or other sales guys who have watched The Wolf of Wall St too many times and think they are hardcore. The only jobs i have been approached for are ridiculous, i sell industrial cables in my role so i get offered a "amazing opportunity" to move interstate to be a delivery driver for an electrician at half the pay i earn now.
I really dont see any benefit from being on it besides reconnecting with a few people i worked with years ago, do you guys know if it can be put to better use?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store