Official Pinima 225g Tank Thread

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Just going to post everything related to the Pinimas in this thread. As you can tell the pinimas are loving the blackwater transformation. Their spangles pop out so much more. Going to be interesting to see how it effects their colors and health as they grow.

IMG_8573.jpegIMG_8568.jpegIMG_8565.jpegIMG_8564.jpegIMG_8563.jpegIMG_8558.jpegIMG_8554.jpegIMG_8553.jpegIMG_8552.jpegIMG_8549.jpeg

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
pictures aren't the best but you can see the blue colors coming in on the fins and coloration change on the gill plates. after having a blackwater biotope going for a while, it seems to be helping with coloration and good overall health for the bass. but besides natural tannins i believe how natural the tank is set up overall is helping out with the pinimas overall health and growth. They feel more at home. They have natural hiding spots where they can rest and relax etc. Their diet is mainly pellets and frozen market shrimp 2x a week. I do need to get a GH kit and test this waters hardness. My tap water is usually hard but with the driftwood and leaves and not constantly doing water changes, I am sure the hardness has softened i just don't know how much. I just wanted to give y'all a update on it and what i have noticed. I am seeing really good things happening though.

IMG_9697.jpeg

IMG_9696.jpeg

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
After years and years of having cichla and studying them. I honestly believe that natural blackwater botanicals and tannins have so much beneficial factors for peacock bass. This is my first time growing out pinimas and experiencing their growth and color changes etc. But from what i have seen a lot of pinimas are pale and lack a lot of their natural color. My biggest pinima at 9"-10" is already showing amazing early signs of awesome colors. Hints of blues and yellows. Of course only time will tell but i believe this natural tannins and it's beneficial factors are key for keeping cichla.

IMG_9972.jpeg

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
All this hard work and dedication for these pinimas came to an end. Also for my orinos. User error made a fatal mistake. Did a small water change and replenished to much tannins at one and lost all bass in the 225 due to ph shock. I am
still devastated. They were showing truest amazing colors. Esp since we see a lot
of pinimas in the hobby lacking a lot of color. Moving forward this thread is done. I recently moved the temensis to the 225 while i build their pond. so watch out for updates on them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store