Parachromis friedrichsthalii id help

Rsc89

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2016
Fluidsuit... Those look more loiselle than freddy to me.

Rsc89

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2016
I still think they are too small to tell. Id say the big guy is male. I have a couple 4.5" females i will post pics of tomorrow.

Reactions: Twonvito

Rsc89

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2016
Mine are F1 La Ceiba. Pretty much the same thing but more black in the La Ceiba. Some people argue the fact they are different I call them freddies. I have a 6" female 7 to 8" male and (2) 4.5" females. I noticed the females tend to have a shorter rounder body shorter anal/dorsal fins and a shorter face if that makes sense. My male has a longer more pointed dorsal fin/ anal fin longer face where as the females fins are shorter and more round on the ends. Yours arent showing much color right now and physical features seem to be quite similar as well.I will post the pics of the small females when I get back in town.

Twonvito

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2015
New York City
www.brooklynaquatics.com
Mine are F1 La Ceiba. Pretty much the same thing but more black in the La Ceiba. Some people argue the fact they are different I call them freddies. I have a 6" female 7 to 8" male and (2) 4.5" females. I noticed the females tend to have a shorter rounder body shorter anal/dorsal fins and a shorter face if that makes sense. My male has a longer more pointed dorsal fin/ anal fin longer face where as the females fins are shorter and more round on the ends. Yours arent showing much color right now and physical features seem to be quite similar as well.I will post the pics of the small females when I get back in town.
Yeah, that makes sense on the female features. I have heard about the locations of rio danto and la Ceiba being the same. I actually was going to get some Parachromis friedrichsthalii Pantanos de Centla which are said to be more yellow, but the person who was selling them f1 for 1 inch $10 and had a $70 minimum not including shipping. I had to pass on them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store