Parachromis Motaguense "Rio Blanco"

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
I just recently sold my pair of red tigers and I'm glad they went to an awesome dude. I believe he just recently joined and goes by cichsncats. Anyways, these are the pics he sent me the other day. I just wanted to share some pics of them before my new fish come in. Enjoy and feel free to share some pics of your rtm. :)

Calihawk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Supposedly the label "Rio Blanco" & "Rio Copan" are irrelevant. They are the same fishes. LOL, even though I strung them along, these guys have some credibility and respect.

It's real simple, we collect in the Rio Blanco because it's a smaller tributery to the Copan and easier to collect, The Rio Blanco's in the hobby came from a location about a mile from where the Blanco runs into the Copan, so basically they are all the same fish. All the fish from the Blanco and Copan came from 4 collecting trips we made from 2006-2009. Ken
Exactly - as Ken said, the Copan and Blanco are connected (tributaries) without a physical barrier to prevent mixing.

ALL of the fish in the hobby are from a very limited number of original fish collected (wild stock).

That the characteristics of the offspring of a handfull of individuals from each location exhibit slight visual differences from each other has more to do with variation within individuals in a population than differences between the two locations.

Matt

So here are some pics I dug up of my Red Tigers

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
Supposedly the label "Rio Blanco" & "Rio Copan" are irrelevant. They are the same fishes. LOL, even though I strung them along, these guys have some credibility and respect.

So here are some pics I dug up of my Red Tigers

Yeah great info. It's just important to me that I label them since that's what I bought them as. Incredible motas though bro. The new owner is lucky!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store