Peacock Bass has upper lip stuck in retracted state

Evofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
SC
Wow! I'm glad I found this thread. I have a compressicep that has a similar condition but with a kind of bent nostril. I thought he got into a fight with my electric yellow cichlid and lost since the cichlid was much bigger than him and always picked on him.
He doesn't show any signs of stress or loss of appetite. Maybe I should try to massage his mouth and see if it helps...

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Wow! I'm glad I found this thread. I have a compressicep that has a similar condition but with a kind of bent nostril. I thought he got into a fight with my electric yellow cichlid and lost since the cichlid was much bigger than him and always picked on him.
He doesn't show any signs of stress or loss of appetite. Maybe I should try to massage his mouth and see if it helps.
Try and see if it corrects itself.

Evofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
SC
Try and see if it corrects itself.
Its been about 7 months now. It doesn't look like its getting any better...or worse. Should I just leave it alone?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Its been about 7 months now. It doesn't look like its getting any better...or worse. Should I just leave it alone?
If it’s eating then leave it alone. I assume if it was true duck lips it would have been dead by now.

Reactions: Evofish

Evofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
SC
If it’s eating then leave it alone. I assume if it was true duck lips it would have been dead by now.
Ok. Whew! I was gonna massage his mouth. Thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store