pentair fiberglass tanks with viewing windows

michaelabe123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2021
It's amazing the different kinds of quality pentair tanks you can find depending on where you get it. I was ordering my tanks directly from Pentair but the quality was not as high as expected. But then I purchased them from a water treatment company that bought tanks from Pentair and then modified them, which made for much better quality at a similar price.

• Wow
Reactions: Matteus

fishdance

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
Sounds like they are imported. Indonesia produces a lot of fibreglass tanks very cheaply using mostly unskilled labour for example. Creates quality assurance issues and gaps in supply as it's more economical to import periodically.

This company in Malaysia was quite a lot more expensive than what I found in Indonesia but seems to have a good range and quality. I'll link to their fishtank page.

suckerfish

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2005
LAGASH
It's amazing the different kinds of quality pentair tanks you can find depending on where you get it. I was ordering my tanks directly from Pentair but the quality was not as high as expected. But then I purchased them from a water treatment company that bought tanks from Pentair and then modified them, which made for much better quality at a similar price.
Right on, thanks for that link! A little odd it is called century religious. .. and it’s not a secure website? You did buy one? And can you post a pic? I need another one but just haven’t been happy when dealing with Pentairaes, and don’t have room or $ for a $20k dolphin. Thanks in adavance!
James
Damnit, I replied to the wrong post! I meant it for F fishdance and I don’t think you’re in the US right? Oh well.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Thanks guys, helpful info.

Pacu Mom, thanks for the kind compliment and yes I've seen this tank and enjoyed reviewing these threads again. It looks like we don't know the manufacturer or I've missed it. Anyone knows???

The 3" acrylic viewing window is excellent but $50,000 for a 14'x7'x6' would be too much for me. As stated I got two 4500 gal Dolphin FG 13'x13'x4.5' with 8'x4'x2.5" window for $32,000 for both with better physical footprint and adequate viewing for my purposes.
Waterdog Products built that tank.

I just reread this thread from 5 years ago.
The glass is a pretty generous size, IMO.

View attachment 1131380
That's my 405 gallon tank in the picture. One time it was actually in an online catalog. I called them up and they removed it from their website. I just did a Google image search. My picture of my tank is on a lot of Alibaba sites :( :( :( So wrong. The tank was definitely not made in China. https://www.google.com/search?tbs=s...s_AxAQ2A4oAXoECAEQMw&biw=1422&bih=978&dpr=0.9

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store