pics of my serra's

Diogenes

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham, AL
vinizuh;2880905; said:
lol i thought bm= black mask elong.. guess i was wrong.
i'm a nursing student homie, the questions I ask everybody are, "any pain? any nausea vomitting? any numbness/tingling in extremities? When was your last bm? Did you note the color and consistency?" LOL

I was just messin around anyway...

if bm means black mask elong, then I'd like to see your bm too...

leg89

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
quebec, quebec, canada
compressuscome from the amazon near Iquitos in Peru. they max at 8-9 inches so that would make sense. only, compressus usually have a red-orange anal fin...

leg89

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
quebec, quebec, canada
if i'm right, for an elong, red eyes and orange throat is typical of venezuella (well according to Schlesser)

just like that, don't forget that piranhas taxonomy (especially for the serra) is still evolving and unprecise. much more needs to be found about them in order to classify them correctly.

i'd also say that your other serra ia a comp. but who knows, maybe in 2 years we'll know this fish as a serra something! haha

dudey

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2008
us
Diogenes;2880990; said:
i'm a nursing student homie, the questions I ask everybody are, "any pain? any nausea vomitting? any numbness/tingling in extremities? When was your last bm? Did you note the color and consistency?" LOL

I was just messin around anyway...

if bm means black mask elong, then I'd like to see your bm too...

yes I meant black mask by bm!!

Sold it last week though to a member on this forum. The mask seemed to come and go , dark substrate would really bring it out including black all over his body. The natural gravel would wash a lot of it away.

Actually picking up another elong tomorrow to replace the one I sold last weekend :screwy:

I missed him....

Great looking serra whether its a comp or altuvie.

dudey

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2008
us
caribemob;3012898; said:
it's a comp but i never saw a red throat elong where did u get it. Would that be classified as a black mask or regular elong
You would probably see vendors calling it a red throat elongatus.

But that it is still a serrasalmus elongatus. Physical variations have nothing to do with classification just a way to describe an individual fish, like black mass elongatus.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store