Piriabia Id.

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk
Great pick up glad you got him. He looks really well considering the small size. Interested to see how you get on with him. Im beginning to dislike you now having such great cats lol

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
Great pick up glad you got him. He looks really well considering the small size. Interested to see how you get on with him. Im beginning to dislike you now having such great cats lol
Haha. I still haven't got a vundu though. That's a fish Id consider like hens teeth around here.

Me to mate, I'm alittle worried due to his size. But he look like he's doing well, very active. Swimming all over the place. The Capa is doing really well aswell. Just ingulfed 6 prawns.

I actually got him from a5 aquatics. Not far from you, maybe give them a call and ask them if they can order another one under the name zurrungo zurrungo. You might still be in luck.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I'll have to keep an eye on him. Brilliant information, really appreciate it. Only his sizes worries me at this moment, I hear they are pretty sensitive. !
Size matters surely, albeit I've got 3 now that are 1.5"-2" and thin but they have been eating cut fish, so there is hope. Last time I got a pair that small one grew up well and is now ~7" but the other died after a few months for an unknown reason. They were together for a month or two, then the bigger one, the survivor, started biting the smaller one's fins, tail, so I separated them; then had to bring them together again but later got more of the same; so again separated but the smaller one died a month later, IDK why but surely all the prior stress didn't help.

They are not that sensitive. If they are stress free from tank mates and are in good water, they should present no problem. They are very timid and many tank mates can stress them, even the ones you don't normally think of as potential bullies. Other brachies bite heir fins too, not capa (can't imagine platynemum would, neither filamentosum) but jurs and tigs do. They bite each other too sooner or later.

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
Size matters surely, albeit I've got 3 now that are 1.5"-2" and thin but they have been eating cut fish, so there is hope. Last time I got a pair that small one grew up well and is now ~7" but the other died after a few months for an unknown reason. They were together for a month or two, then the bigger one, the survivor, started biting the smaller one's fins, tail, so I separated them; then had to bring them together again but later got more of the same; so again separated but the smaller one died a month later, IDK why but surely all the prior stress didn't help.

They are not that sensitive. If they are stress free from tank mates and are in good water, they should present no problem. They are very timid and many tank mates can stress them, even the ones you don't normally think of as potential bullies. Other brachies bite heir fins too, not capa (can't imagine platynemum would, neither filamentosum) but jurs and tigs do. They bite each other too sooner or later.
This is why I like this site. First hand information.

I've kept him in his own part of the tank sectioned off from everything. The same with the capa. He's in with the spotted shovel nosed. As something was nipping fins and whiskers.

I'll just have to see how he gets on. He seems settled. He's got a fat belly, so it's just a waiting game. Let's hope.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Capa is the same, as skittish as dorado.

TSNxLei hybrid (I assume you mean) will later grow assertive and will bite capa if you keep them together long enough.

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
No the tsn hybrid is in another tank.

My suspects are either the blochii is what range from 4-7" or the pack of silver dollars that are 6"+ . I've stopped both fin nipping and arguing over space.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store