planted Piranha tank. POST YOUR PICS please

PEVINE11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Franklin N.H
www.myspace.com
i just got Eco complete gravel ( 40 lbs ) and a GLO 2X24watt T5 High output light for my piranha tank. Also 'do it yourself' Co2 (going to buy co2 unit later on....)

i would like to get the tank to look simmilar to the amazon river, in some way

Also can you use black water abstract in planted aquariums?

please post your Planted piranha tanks!
( live plants )

thanks all;
mike

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
220 gal. No CO2. :D

Copy of IMG_8664.JPG

Foster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2010
Stuck in the box again.

First pic is when I was a newbie to the world of skittish fish vs plants. I thought I got a great deal getting 10 plants for $20 bucks of the bunch ones but I only have 2 left that come uprooted daily. Bulb plants and swords are the way to go imo. I'm not sure what the bushy green stuff is in the 2nd pic in the left side but that one does well too until it gets over a foot tall and doesn't bend as well when they hit it. I've added a mellon sword and amazon sword since plus whatever my mom handed me for free.

How deep is your gravel with 40 lbs? I think 2 inches will be enough to have the plants secured and healthy.

jdepasqu2

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
philadelphia
nice vegetation... im am currently getting my planted caribe tank stuated now... just waiting on a few more plants and the caribe.. i will post when completed this week...

Foster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2010
Stuck in the box again.
I love you floating plants Matte, I looked into that but the idiot wanted to sell me 2 thumb nail sized plants for a buck. Do they multiply well or is it highway robbery?

Accident

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2007
South Texas
I have giant Val that grows like crazy to longer than 6 feet in a 58 tank. Don't know if Piranhas would eat it. Let me know if you want some. Just pay for shipping, around $5. No special care, it loves neglect.

a

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store