Please post all your wolffish here...any type also can!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
mynheers_a_pint;3927502; said:
fantastic looking fish.

I need to get my black...
Thanks. Yes you do. I will keep an eye out for you.

Tigriuns™;3927608; said:
Oh my look so natural..I will put pebble in too with some small wood....
And video clip on it hunting....

I still got problem healing the head on top as there is some injury.. notice it took the longest to heal on that spot...
Tigriuns™;3927712; said:
yours from Orinoco, Venezuala???

So you think mine also the same???
The only issue with the slate pebbles is there are large holes that small particals can collect. The mistake I made with the sticks was to put them strait in. Soak them in a bucket first to allow any organics to rot first.

I think it's standard practice for them to injure themselves in transit. Mine has a raw chin mark that needs to repair as well as a damaged tail.

Yes Orinoco VZ. I am pretty sure most, if not all of the recent aimara are Venezualan. It is illegal to export them from Brazil and Venezuala so columbians travel into venezuala down the Orinoco and capture them and then export out of columbia. Probably claiming capture in Columbia.

Tigriuns™

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2007
Singapore
jelly;3927790; said:
Thanks. Yes you do. I will keep an eye out for you.

The only issue with the slate pebbles is there are large holes that small particals can collect. The mistake I made with the sticks was to put them strait in. Soak them in a bucket first to allow any organics to rot first.

I think it's standard practice for them to injure themselves in transit. Mine has a raw chin mark that needs to repair as well as a damaged tail.

Yes Orinoco VZ. I am pretty sure most, if not all of the recent aimara are Venezualan. It is illegal to export them from Brazil and Venezuala so columbians travel into venezuala down the Orinoco and capture them and then export out of columbia. Probably claiming capture in Columbia.
very interesting info..in my country there is only 4pcs..and 2 is with me...They are very very rare...

They heal very fast but only the head part is very slow....I am thinking to get a wave maker to blow the particals off...

How big is yours???let study it growth rate...

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
I will be interesting to see the growth rate. I have heard mixed reports about growth so we will have to see what happens. Mine is about 15" total length. Seems to be eating well. I feed Trout meat with various dried food inserted into the flesh.

Tigriuns™

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2007
Singapore
jelly;3928232; said:
I will be interesting to see the growth rate. I have heard mixed reports about growth so we will have to see what happens. Mine is about 15" total length. Seems to be eating well. I feed Trout meat with various dried food inserted into the flesh.
mine only 13".... any tankmate to put together with :ROFL:

hope to see more picture soon...

Tigriuns™

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2007
Singapore
jelly;3928284; said:
When he has put a few more inches on I am going to try very small fish. I will start with some otto's I think.
think Exodon would be great as known as scale eater...
when my aimara is eating the feeder it like snowing scales....

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iGTllNmkGqU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iGTllNmkGqU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

like the last part where it start to snow...
sorry for the background my dad talking to me haha

Neesmo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Bad picture of a friends wolf as you cant see the whole fish but any idea as to exactly what it is? Was sold to my friend as a "common" wolf fish

Thanks guys. Look through a bunch of pages but cant place it as Im not experienced with wolf fish

Kyle

Tigriuns™

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2007
Singapore
Neesmo;3928407; said:
Bad picture of a friends wolf as you cant see the whole fish but any idea as to exactly what it is? Was sold to my friend as a "common" wolf fish

Thanks guys. Look through a bunch of pages but cant place it as Im not experienced with wolf fish

Kyle
look like food fish to me... :ROFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store