Please post all your wolffish here...any type also can!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illbuyourcatfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
B.C
Lost my mala in the night. Busted the lid off my tank held down my two landscaping bricks. How many bricks next time? 3....4? Two bricks were 25lbs...I'm devastated.

Illbuyourcatfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
B.C
Illbuyourcatfish;4784858; said:
Wow yah I understand now, forgive my skepticism as I don't just like to send hundreds of dollars to just anyone. I will however be sending it to this guy!
EDIT, will not be sending him any money as I've determined he's a bit of a knob.

BM80

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Illbuyourcatfish;4849219; said:
EDIT, will not be sending him any money as I've determined he's a bit of a knob.
Who you talking about? Oliver? So a guy who owns several collection stations in South America, speaks at seminars, and writes books about the aquatic plants and animals we love to keep is a knob? Right...

Arofanatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2006
London
www.arowanas.co.uk
I have just returned from a holiday in Guyana South America wherewe caught loads of Malas of different sizes with a cast net. The locals call it huri and eat it but it is very bony, caught 2 big ones, rest are smaller ones, They are everywhere whenever there is a bit of water. enjoy the pics. Also in abundance were armoured catfish, again the locals like this curried.

Hoplias.jpg

hoplias2.jpg

hoplias3.jpg

hoplias4.jpg

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Illbuyourcatfish;4848942; said:
Lost my mala in the night. Busted the lid off my tank held down my two landscaping bricks. How many bricks next time? 3....4? Two bricks were 25lbs...I'm devastated.
Crazy power! Sorry to hear!

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
Arofanatic;4849643; said:
I have just returned from a holiday in Guyana South America wherewe caught loads of Malas of different sizes with a cast net. The locals call it huri and eat it but it is very bony, caught 2 big ones, rest are smaller ones, They are everywhere whenever there is a bit of water. enjoy the pics. Also in abundance were armoured catfish, again the locals like this curried.
Awesume, I would love take a trip like that but would want to bring stuff back.

Arofanatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2006
London
www.arowanas.co.uk
No, I am not really a Hoplias fan so don't know the other types. Coincidentally the locals also call the other aggressive type "Aimara" and tell me they can be fished up river, the ones I caught are in mud ponds, apparently they move around on land from a pond to another so the locals tell me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store