Post your biotope sand natural aquariums

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Wow!

You know, this is my next tank so I need (please! :) ) you to answer some questions.
First of all:
What fish do you have in here? They're fabulous...
I am especially interested in the characins-- are they phenocogrammus interruptus or an alestopetersius sp? The cichlids-- Jewels?
I cant see them close up to be able to tell?
Is this a biotope or natural aquarium/
What plants do you have in here?

In my own post I am going to go back and add some more information about this because, even though it isnt a biotope aquarium, it would be helpful to others to see the flora and fauna in tank if they wish to replicate a natural aquarium of same geographical space.
Its so difficult to get a really genuine biotope, with required plants,. fish, substrate, hardscape, etc... but we can try to make it as authentic as possible.
Hi. I had hemichromis sp. bangui from Jeff Rapps, some plain Congo tetras, some kribs, and the fahaka puffer. It didn’t work out long term as the fahaka decided he wanted to know what his tankmates tasted like.

Reactions: Lilyann

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Wow!

You know, this is my next tank so I need (please! :) ) you to answer some questions.
First of all:
What fish do you have in here? They're fabulous...
I am especially interested in the characins-- are they phenocogrammus interruptus or an alestopetersius sp? The cichlids-- Jewels?
I cant see them close up to be able to tell?
Is this a biotope or natural aquarium/
What plants do you have in here?

In my own post I am going to go back and add some more information about this because, even though it isnt a biotope aquarium, it would be helpful to others to see the flora and fauna in tank if they wish to replicate a natural aquarium of same geographical space.
Its so difficult to get a really genuine biotope, with required plants,. fish, substrate, hardscape, etc... but we can try to make it as authentic as possible.
It wasn’t a biotope since I had valisnera in there. Otherwise, it was close.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Stunning!
I have wanted Altums for a long time and end up talking myself out of them because I dont want to mess with R/O water. Yours are so beautiful.
Can you talk some about the setup?
Really amazing, natural aquascape-- you have an eye for creativity and design, its obvious.
This was a 150 with Pennsylvania tap. The water was 6.8 pH after it aged. They were mixed with a variety of smaller tetras and dwarf cichlids.

Thank you for the compliments!

Lilyann

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
Thank you. Yes the heckels were wild. I got them from Snookn21 who is no longer around unfortunately.
I know, so unfortunate. I was so disappointed because right before he had the stroke ( I think?) I ordered 3 wild Manacapuru reds from him. At the time I didnt know what had happened to him. I had paid for them and he sent an email that he had fallen off a ladder and that he would get back to me. It was the first time I had ordered from him. I waited a couple weeks, sent emails, never heard anything.

Very sad that has closed business due to health issues.

Reactions: mrrobxc

Lilyann

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
Hi. I had hemichromis sp. bangui from Jeff Rapps, some plain Congo tetras, some kribs, and the fahaka puffer. It didn’t work out long term as the fahaka decided he wanted to know what his tankmates tasted like.
Oh no! I think Ill leave out the puffer. :(

Reactions: mrrobxc
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store