Post your Up & Comer

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
Finally got a pic of one of the deppi. Had to separate all 3 because all they did was fight. For the most part they're healed up, still have some discolored scales on thier sides towards the back half from what I would have to assume was ammonia burn during shipping. He's in my 150 community and for the time being gets along with everyone just fine. The other 2 are in thier own 40 gallons and hide most of the time =\ going to wait til they get a little larger and hopefully I can sex them.

IMG_4902.JPG

IMG_4903.JPG

IMG_4905.JPG

aztsm

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
Arizona
Male is around 6-6 1/2 female is 4-4 1/2 or so. These guys really haven't fought at all or lip locked. The male gave chase when the female wasn't ready, and then when she was she was the boss. I think cause of the size disadvantage they kind of know not to start something like lip locking when they're clearly out matched. I've experienced this with JD and Texas cichlids as well. Never had to divide them. I normally keep them in a much larger tank though with hiding places for female and eye obstructions. Right now they're wiggler's and the males sticking to his side of the tank lol

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
still no fry from these guys the 2 females fight all day, the male pretty much rolls with whoever wins. The females flip flop position with the male all day so no spawnings. Not really in a rush so for now I'll let them be.

Reactions: Gourami Swami
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store