Post your Wolf fish Pictures!!

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
Just measured him.. 7.25"

I swear the biggest I've seen is 8" but I'm being told by a vendor they get to 12".. maybe in the wild and I imagine thats not common either. Fish base says the max size is 20cm (7.9"), whats the biggest Red Wolf anyone has ever seen?

Tigriuns™

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2007
Singapore
Ok here the picture of it.

This guy is bigger by 0.5cm colour wise not so dark, nice body shape with no defect.

This guy is the smaller one. Strong colour & nice design

Hope to find more of the same size wolf fish to keep as comm. tank

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
Sorry guys i've been slacking on the pics we'll at least i think i have i thought i forgot to upload the pics off of my camera but i guese i did then i wen't to load them on photobucket but it turn out i all ready did that to ... so sorry if i forgot that i all ready posted these two pics

Top pic shows him acclimating in his new 20L

Not the best pic to show its size but it gives you an idea he wouldn't stay still next to the ruler so i had to put him in the bag they move pretty we'll on land actually

I'll work on getting a few updated shots right now i would post more pics but Photobucket has been making things difficult latley

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado

Sorry about the semi dirty glass but as you can see hes oing very we'll and is injoying the extra room of his tank :) unfortunetly ths makes it a little hard to take pics of him

Rambo85

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
My own happy little world
Thought i would post some more pics of the wolf that i took the other day. I was hoping to catch him swimming with his mate the Carpintis, they genuinely seem to be friends and co-exist in the same tank and even share the same corner of the tank as a hide out.

The interesting part is the wolf used to butcher anything and everything in his tank. No tankmates were accepted and he even charged my new thermometer when i put that in the tank (i will post pictures of what he did to it another time). The carpintis was added about 2 months ago as my new tank cycled (with a divider) but the wolf showed no aggro to him so i chanced it.

Glad i did - I took a leaf outa Channa's book and it worked. dare i try another fish?!

p.s. defo a mala? male or female? (just so i can decide on a name!)

Regards,

Ian

DSCF0679.JPG

DSCF0680.JPG

DSCF0685.JPG

DSCF0688.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store