Props to some of my lfs's and rants too!

Doviiking

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
New Jersey
I'm gonna drop some props to a few LFS's in my area.

Zoos pets in Philly and in Washington Twn, New Jersey This chain buys your fish for half of retail and gives alot of fish owners a place to get rid of their monsters other than the delaware. They also stock a full range of cichlids for me to drool over.

Value Pet Center, Pennsauken, NJ. This store has the cheapest aquariums and hardware for your setups in the Philly area. You can't beat a 55g with lids for 89.99. Great fish selection and some nice rare fish like Black Rhoms on occasion.

Aquarium Center, Clemington, NJ. Great selection of fish including a wide range of WILDS, and rare Cichlids from S/C America.

RANTS:swear: :swear: :swear:

Bensalem Pet Center, Bensalem, Pa. Dirty tanks, dead and dying fish and a pure lack of intrest in the people who work there to have a remote clue of #$%$%%^^ they are saying or selling. ABSOLUTE TRASH!

Paradise Pet Center, Woodbury, New jersey. This store is a joke. Dead fish floating in tanks. dirty, uncleaned,empty tanks laying around the store. Nasty smell comming from the dead feeders in the hugely overstocked feeder tanks.

I love to catch the LFS guys selling some guy and his little girl a ten gallon tank and a RTC. I get to jump in and say "You told him that fish will end up 4 feet long right?"

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
I love to catch the LFS guys selling some guy and his little girl a ten gallon tank and a RTC. I get to jump in and say "You told him that fish will end up 4 feet long right?"

I don't know which part is funnier you breaking up the sale with the actual factuals or someone actually saying a rtc could live in a 10gal tank:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

dovii88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
rhode island of course
yeah i work at a lfs in my area and i tell people straight up all the time..

freeskierrocket

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2005
SouthEast, PA, USA
:D yeah a lot of monsters in the feeder goldfish tanks at zoos (PHILLY)....usually beat up though:( ............although I must admit better than at MONSTER PETS in philly..........wtf:swear: they actually had a tank w/ 10 + snowflake Puffers w/ wart like fungus all over them (I mean covered), and when I asked "will you be treating the tank for the fungus as I would like to buy a couple"..............the wonderful employees responded with "nah they'll be aiiight"....................Eff that, they are now blacklisted in my books:swear: :swear: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freeskierrocket

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2005
SouthEast, PA, USA
:headbang2 Props to EAST COAST AQUATICS in Prospect Park, PA. The gentlemen:D that own and run this fine establishment really care about and know what they are doing...........................HIGH QUALITY H20!!!!!!!!!:drool: :woot:

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Always good to give props to a few good sellers.

geeah

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
CANADA EH
we should start a sticky on this board of reccomended LFS's in your area.

Doviiking

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
New Jersey
I don't like Monster pets in Philly because I don't like seeing mutilated fish like the jellybean heart parrots they have in there now. Your right about the beat up fish in the feeder tank at Zoos in Philly. The one in Nj is cleaner. You see that Peacock bass they got in philly Zoos? Its a mess 79.95!!!!!!!!!!!!!:screwy:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store