Question: True Parrot Cichlid compatibilty??

aclockworkorange

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
NorCaliCichlids;5146768; said:
Waaaay to small a tank even with the 180. I had a pair and the male hit 14" in a 135. They can be very aggressive as well, a lot more so than I ever thought before keeping them. If you get rid of all your other stuff and go with all parrots it can make for a nice display but you need a big tank.
I've personally seen a 14" male as well. Very large and can be an extremely aggressive fish. As others have stated, BAD idea.

BlesOne

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 12, 2011
Jc1119;5146748; said:
Just my opinion here, but your current stocklist at adult size will pretty much fill your 180 (assuming you dont have aggression issues). Plus your mixing species with different dietary requirements. Not a deal breaker, but something to think about
Dang it :(.... i was hoping the big tank would have been enough room but yeah i guess not with both my Oscar and Argentea clearing 12" it really makes sense not to go for it. These fish are EXTREMELY rare in this part town and so I really wanted to snatch them up tomorrow morning (Sunday) ................. Sigh.

Anyways, thanks guys I appreciate your comments and I will pass this one up for sure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store