Red Terror Vs Green Terror

sour_girl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2006
Toronto
I've always thought RT's were meaner...

I had a GT once who was nice as pie.. Until he hit 5" and then he beat up everyone!!

They dont call them terrors for nothing!!

twinturbo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
this ought to ruffle some newbie feathers: in most cases a RT owns GT. hell they are not even in the same aggression class. a GT is more in the oscar, JD, vieja class (semi-aggressive). RTs on the other hand are in the bruiser class (Devil, midas, trimac, etc).

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
twin - so is this unusual the a juvie GT is highly aggressive, or are they more like a dempsey in regards to vicious when young, and more mellow as they grow? And the festae is the opposite?

SphericalCube

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2006
Arlington, Tx
goomba.predatoryfish.net
He's the new kid. . . and the new kid always gets f***ed with. Put them both in there with a divider for a month and then take it out. . . my money says the RT would be a whole different kind of aggressive if you did that.

dovii88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
rhode island of course
i would say.....red terrors...because of there overall aggression levell...all the gt ive had are fairly docile and usually are the ones getting torn apart..but then again a larger gt..would easily take out a smaller rt...

CAcichlid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2010
New York,NY
i had a 2 green terrors and 1 red terror. the red terror killed the larger green terror but the smaller one stood his ground pretty well so im voting for GT

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Jason_S;381295; said:
red terrors won't show their real aggression until they are in the 4-5" range. this is when they become real monsters. you may come across a tame one now and then, but for the most part they are very aggressive and often times intolerant of any tankmates. yours got punked cause it's still a juvie. :thumbsup:
Best answer.

Haha I didn't see the date who dig this up? Anyway still the best answer

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
IME, Gt's bark is worse than their bite. Mine have been very aggressive but don't have what it takes to back it up so they get owned. Unfortunately, getting the crap kicked out them doesn't teach them anything, they keep going back for more punishment. :screwy:

Sarah88

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2009
Wilmington, NC
ok yeah who dug up a 4yr old thread lol, but yeah either way i agree with spherical cube's answer, RT got punked because he was new in the tank and the GT was established, if it was the other way around and you were adding a GT juvie to a RT's tank then it would probably get killed, my little male festae i have is only 3in and hes been in with much larger fish than him since he was 1.5in (all other fish AT LEAST double his size at any time, most being even bigger than that) and he has always been able to hold his own

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store