Red Tiger Oscar vs Giant Snakeheads!!!

jordanlewis100

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2006
Kent,UK
hi heres some pics of my oscars i have three around 9-10" long they are about 2 years old. They aren't particularly aggressive and are ok with most things too large to eat

jordanlewis100

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2006
Kent,UK
done the pics wrong!!!! i will post some soon

jordanlewis100

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2006
Kent,UK
right heres some pics of my oscars as i said earlier they are about 9-10" long and about 2 years old

DSC00009.JPG

DSC00010.JPG

DSC00016.JPG

DSC00020.JPG

DSC00021.JPG

piranhagrowing_guy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
l.c
this my oscar (beefy) lol thats his/her name and some of these kinda suck but w/e enjoy!!!:ROFL:

jay's 004.JPG

o pics 001.JPG

o pics 003.JPG

o pics 007.JPG

o pics 018.JPG

o pics 019.JPG

o pics 020.JPG

o pics 021.JPG

o pics 022.JPG

Euge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Hong Kong
Sarcosuchus: I realise that it was a child hood incident but regardless your channa will kick the poop out of the O. The micros growth rate is faster than that of the O's. It may work for awhile. But eventually...

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
Jordan, those are beautiful looking Oscars, love the head and body shape. How many gal / feet is that tank? And Piranhagrowing_guy, beautiful Oscars! nicely shaped too. How big is it and what's the tank size? Thanks a lot guys, I can't wait to share a picture of mine. Beautiful Oscars here.:headbang2 A question, I see some Oscars when reach adult stage the colour goes pale on them..why does this happen?

Euge, I do not have any Channa Micropeltes with me nor do I own any Snakehead fish. I won't have a pair of Micro until I can give them that required space, never seen any fish growing as fast as they did. The Micropeltes I had I released them in the river ( native country ) when my parents couldn't handle their aggression and fast growth rate. And it was a war everytime we did water changing. It was sad but they deserved better..or did they? When anglers starve around rivers and lakes like parasites to hunt Micropeltes...:(

The Tiger Oscar I had was too large for my Snakeheads to swallow, I guess they did something I have seen them doing to a feeder fish. One grab half and the other the rest before doing the death roll and ripping the poor fish apart...like T-Rex in Lost World. Giant Snakeheads are...unbelievable predators.

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
So far my Oscar enjoys Cichlid Sticks and tiny mealworms. I tried tubiflex worms and he / she didn't like it. He / She keeps asking for food, wow...I know I shouldn't overfeed though. When I go to the tank, he / she comes up to me and those eyes are just adorable looking at me and then looking up wanting food. :)

TicaL

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2007
Tempe, AZ
Sarcosuchus;750839; said:
So far my Oscar enjoys Cichlid Sticks and tiny mealworms. I tried tubiflex worms and he / she didn't like it. He / She keeps asking for food, wow...I know I shouldn't overfeed though. When I go to the tank, he / she comes up to me and those eyes are just adorable looking at me and then looking up wanting food. :)
Oh tell me about it try saying no to a growing face like this

i know he's not an oscar but he's got the appetite of one

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
Lol very cute and pretty. It feels bad not to feed the cutie huh? But can't be tempted.:D Thanks for sharing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store