Rhombeus question

m_sol

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2020
Just got a Rhombeus labeled as a Black P, he's already eating vibra bites. Should I give him anything else to eat or just keep him on pellets? He's about 1"

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
If he’s already eating pellets, I’d keep him on that. As he grows, you can upgrade to massivore or the carnivore sticks. You can always give him fresh/frozen filets as treats, but it will do fine on pellets.

m_sol

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2020
If he’s already eating pellets, I’d keep him on that. As he grows, you can upgrade to massivore or the carnivore sticks. You can always give him fresh/frozen filets as treats, but it will do fine on pellets.
Great, I was hoping that would be the case. Can't wait to see how this guy looks when he starts to reach 4"+. Is it safe to Siphon the tank as he gets older? I can't find anything online on how to properly clean the substrate in a p tank

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Great, I was hoping that would be the case. Can't wait to see how this guy looks when he starts to reach 4"+. Is it safe to Siphon the tank as he gets older? I can't find anything online on how to properly clean the substrate in a p tank
I’ve only personally had a red belly, but never had any issues vacuuming the gravel. I know serras can be a bit more bold so make sure to watch your fingers…

troublesum

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2007
Astoria, NY
I know the blacks are a bit more meaner then the reds but as the only one i believe he will stay away from your hands during cleaning now if it was a red devil or Midas or any kind of AMP then all bets off.
And if he is already eating pellets that's good keep feeding and just upgrade his pellets as he grows

CrunchyLobster123

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2020
Alberta Canada
It will all come down to the personality of the P, some will be more bold than others my old elong without a doubt would take a finger if given the chance where as my red bellies are afraid of their own shadow. If you are worried at all you can buy a longer siphon hose so your hands don't have to be in the tank or depending on your tank size a divider to keep the P at bay but at the size he is now there's nothing to worry about for a long long time (Rhoms are sloooow growers)

m_sol

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2020
I’ve only personally had a red belly, but never had any issues vacuuming the gravel. I know serras can be a bit more bold so make sure to watch your fingers…
Maybe it'll get used to my hand since I'm always dropping pellets where he hides and constant siphoning of the gravel lol

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store