RIP my old friend - an UnHappy New Year

95Harley

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2006
Baltimore, MD
Well my 3.5 - 4 yr old Silver Aro died just moments ago and I must say I'm feeling pretty low.

I bought him as a 5-6" baby and raised him in a 240g and a 180g eating human raw shrimp from Costco, Ghost Shrimp, Beef Heart, Night crawlers, Crickets, etc.

He has been a picture of perfect health until about 2 weeks ago. After a feeding the following day I noticed my tank was cloudy so I investigated and found someone had thrown up shrimp so after a heavy cleaning and a 40% water change I check all levels. I found my phos was off the charts but all else was good. I preformed another cleaning and added some Phos Guard to the canisters to try to remove the Phosphates. To no avail as he stated sulking on the bottom of the tank and swam around the bottom of the tank. Eventually he came to the top and swam the top but would not eat and his scales began to turn darker and his eyes sunk in.

Well tonight he finally gave in and passed. But all other fish in the tank are in perfect health, eating, swimming and are very active. My Dat, RCK, and Fl Gar are all in perfect health.

Now I have to decide what is my next move....to sell all fish and start over or to go Arowana-less for some short time. If I unload everything I will go a singe Jardini in a 180g tank and that's it.

Anyway, this SUCKS BIG TIME.....he was 24" and until the last 10-14 days a model of perfect health.

DSC08224.JPG

DSC08225.JPG

DSC08230.JPG

DSC08227.JPG

DSC08231.JPG

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank