seachem purigen vs chemi pure/elite? witch is better

aaronb

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2011
Cawker City, KS
It cost me 26 dollars for enough chemipure elite for my 55 gallon. It was only 8.29 for the purigen for it. I saw on drs foster and smith you can buy a 12 pack of 10 oz jars for 95 dollars which is still about 15 dollars to treat a 55 gallon. Purigen for a 180 gallon is about 19 dollars compared to 50 dollars for chemipure elite. I'm not saying chemipure elite might not work better, but it's way more expensive.

Just for the record purigen, chemipure elite, or any chemical media should work better in a reactor, so that's a silly argument.

jft

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2010
PA
Well maybe you are looking in the wrong places check out PETSOLUTIONS 8.99 for chemipure elite and FREE SHIPPING!!!!!

jft

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2010
PA
Not a silly reason at all chemipure elite is made of resins, GFO and carbon not homogenous so it will not fluidize as well as purigen or caarbon, or GFO alone that is why they recommend not to separaate it from the bag and why we reefers like to use separate flow rates for separate reactors as well a single media reactors. Again the choice is yours!!

aaronb

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2011
Cawker City, KS
Well it appears it's on sale for that price. That's still more than what purigen costs to treat the same amount of water. I'm not even sure what your point is now. I just said to use both considering how cheap purigen is. To treat a 55 gallon it's still 17.98 based on boyds recommendation to use 2 bags that size for aquariums from 40 to 100 gallons and one bag of purigen that is a little over 8 dollars is supposed to be good for up to 100 gallons. Like I said chemipure elite may be a lot better. I'm not saying it isn't. You were the one that disagreed when I said purigen is cheaper even though you've shown no proof. Only a cheaper place to get it that's still more than purigen. I actually like both products. It almost seems as if your intent is only to argue. If that is the case please don't waste my time.

jft

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2010
PA
Sorry you feel I am wasting your time I clearly said throughout this post USE WHAT WORKS FOR YOU That is what I meant by TO EACH HIS OWN< BOTH ARE GREAT products I JUST like chemipure better ,MY experience over thirty yrs using it and trying other products I do not look at cost first I Look at my results but I believe your results could be just as Good ,so Peace to you and remember this is a passion not a contest. GOOD LUCK>

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store